PDA

View Full Version : 1st contribution to the forum

Zeeber
9th January 2016, 07:22 PM
Here's a pic of a salt mill that I made - belated Xmas present, as I got caught out with making all the gifts this season. Everyone got something though, cheeseboards and knives, floating wine bottle holders, and magic wands for the nieces and nephews. I found a tool at General Trader that one uses to brand your steak, arrange the letters in two rows to personalise, but instead used it on timber (the cheeseboards) - it works great, even though it takes a while to heat up over the gas BBQ flame, and also when you have done the first one, everything is too hot to handle. If you wear gloves, the letters are just a little too small to pick up, but otherwise a great tool for an amateur to do their own personalised logo or put their name on a piece.
I'm not sure what timber the salt mill is - I pick up a lot of older furniture from hard rubbish for their wood and it could be from an old bedpost or something. Came out nice with a french polish finish after using a sanding sealer then EEE Ultrashine.

fletty
9th January 2016, 10:47 PM
Hi Zeeber and welcome to the forum. You have done a lovely job on the salt mill but my, you were an industrious little Santa's elf weren't you!

fletty

artme
10th January 2016, 06:54 AM
Good one Zeeber!! Off to a good start down the slippery slope.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Christos
13th January 2016, 05:47 PM
Nice going on the salt mill.

Keith_1
13th January 2016, 07:15 PM
Tremendous job on the salt mill

Regards

Keith