PDA

View Full Version : Borer was/is here.

Cliff Rogers
9th August 2005, 01:59 AM
Borer is in Cairns this week.

We met up for a beer or 2 after work & he came to my place for dinner, I cooked & I didn't kill him.
We talked for about 6 & a half hours & now I reckon I'm about to loose my voice. We didn't talk about all of you, we ran out of time.:rolleyes:
Nah, we had lots to talk about besides you lot. :D
I showed him one of my sheds & some of my timber & 2 of my lathes & one of my band saws & some of my turning & he wants to take the floor out of our house & use it to make furniture. :eek:

It's good to catch up with other members, particularly when you have heaps in common to talk about, even if he's not a turner & I don't do much with the dark side. :D

Wongo
9th August 2005, 02:43 AM
No pictures Rogers? I miss borer already cos I have not seen him for more then 4 weeks. :D

Cliff Rogers
9th August 2005, 09:57 AM
Nah, I've got a camera but I can't find the lead for it to get the pics out of it so I stopped taking more pics. :rolleyes:

speedy
9th August 2005, 10:35 AM
When's the trip to Kuranda? :D:D:D

Cliff Rogers
9th August 2005, 12:30 PM
Wednesday I think.

AlexS
9th August 2005, 01:55 PM
So did you have the traditional drunken dovetail cutting competition?

Cliff Rogers
9th August 2005, 03:09 PM
Nope, talked about it but I don't have the gear at my place in Cairns to do that.

oges
9th August 2005, 07:41 PM
Nah, I've got a camera but I can't find the lead for it to get the pics out of it so I stopped taking more pics. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you need a USB card reader thingy, assuming the memory card is removable from your camera.

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2005, 09:45 AM
Sounds like you need a USB card reader thingy, assuming the memory card is removable from your camera.
A new cable would be easier. :D

oges
10th August 2005, 05:09 PM
A new cable would be easier. :D

Oh sure .. if you want to take the easy way of doing it :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

journeyman Mick
15th August 2005, 01:46 AM
Woodborer dropped in today on the way back from Ravenshoe (highest town in Queensland). We spent a bit of time in my shed looking at electron burners and my barely started kitchen. He admired my biodiverse (read weed-infested) yard and the timber stacks. Also went for a little drive to check out the falls and the surroundng scenery. Also managed not to poison him with my cooking :rolleyes:

Mick

Wood Borer
18th August 2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the hospitality Cliff and Mick.

It was a quick trip, my days were mainly taken up with work during the day (apart from the weekend) but I managed to have a great time.

Cliff kindly gave me some timber which should arrive back here next week with all the training equipment.

Mick's bottle of (I've forgotten what it is called) didn't explode in my suitcase on the way home. I taped the top on securely to avoid an explosion.

Although we don't all share the same aspects of woodwork (turning, electron burning, darkside etc) we all have heaps in common. I did however notice some darkside tools at all three sheds I visited. :)

Again thanks, sorry I couldn't catch up with all the Cairns boys but time was tight.

BTW It wasn't me who upset a few people on the BB whilst I was away!

speedy
18th August 2005, 01:16 PM
Sorry I missed you wood borer, try for the next time your in Cairns.:(

Wood Borer
18th August 2005, 02:19 PM
Will do Speedy.

Waldo
18th August 2005, 05:49 PM
G'day,

Hey WoodBorer, there's an open invitation for you to come around my joint and open some tops off some ales in my shed sometime if you're up for it.

Our last and first meeting was a long time ago now. :D

Wood Borer
18th August 2005, 06:28 PM
Waldo,

I was wondering who you were and then I thought "that's terrigal forgetting someone I have met once since last Christmas" :D

It sounds like consuming ales is one of your vices.

Yes, we much catch up for an ale.

Waldo
18th August 2005, 06:58 PM
G'day WoodBorer,

Nah they're just good to have a couple now and then with friends etc. Design and wood are more a vice than anything else. :D

Sorry about the confusion had my Username changes a few weeks ago from Chris! to Waldo.

When ever suits you.

journeyman Mick
18th August 2005, 10:38 PM
Woodborer,
it's a bottle of Limecello. Italians traditionally make Limoncello, a liqueur flavoured with lemon peel. This one is made with lime, enjoy! (alcohol level is around 20%)

Mick

craigb
18th August 2005, 11:00 PM
(alcohol level is around 20%)

Mick

I'd like to see you cut some d/t's after a few snifters of that WB :D

Wood Borer
19th August 2005, 09:11 AM
Sorry about the confusion had my Username changes a few weeks ago from Chris! to Waldo.

Chris,

I racked my brains for a little while and then figured it out. There were three cryptic clues in my previous message hinting at your identity.

it's a bottle of Limecello. Italians traditionally make Limoncello, a liqueur flavoured with lemon peel. This one is made with lime, enjoy! (alcohol level is around 20%).

Thanks for the details Mick, I will approach with caution - no driving or smoking.

I'd like to see you cut some d/t's after a few snifters of that WB.

I won't be posting any photos if I do Craig. ;)

Waldo
19th August 2005, 10:13 AM
G'day WoodBorer,

In reading your post firt time I saw a couple of pointers, reading your post again this morning they stand out like Doug's avitar. :D

Cliff Rogers
19th August 2005, 10:48 AM
...it's a bottle of Limecello. Italians traditionally make Limoncello, a liqueur flavoured with lemon peel....

I'm interested.... when we were in Italy last year we came across several different incarnations of it. Lemoncello, Lemoncino, Lemonce, all of them were either Grappa made with lemons or lemon flavoured Grappa of some sort. I didn't like the Grappa but the Lemoncello is a different story.
They also have another one made with Strawberries called Fragolini... bit too sweet for me.

RETIRED
19th August 2005, 08:28 PM
Waldo,

I was wondering who you were and then I thought "that's terrigal forgetting someone I have met once since last Christmas" :D

It sounds like consuming ales is one of your vices.

Yes, we much catch up for an ale.
I think he may have already opened the bottle. :rolleyes: :D

RETIRED
19th August 2005, 08:29 PM
And yes I do realise that it was deliberate. :) ;)

Auld Bassoon
19th August 2005, 09:06 PM
G'day Rob,

Same here. After your grand hospitality, I'd welcome you to my little 'shop for a yarn, some woodiness, and if you're game, some "red-diness".

Just call the day, mate!

Cheers!

Wood Borer
22nd August 2005, 09:37 AM
There are two well known interstate BB members heading to Mexico in the near future so we can all catch up then.

Cliff Rogers
22nd August 2005, 12:46 PM
I note that we now have another Borer on the board so I should point out that this thread was for Wood Borer.

I'm working on the day, the dates are Saturday 10 Sept & Sunday 11 Sept but I don't know which one I can have yet. I've applied for a couple of hours leave after lunch on either & I'm waiting to hear.
I'll keep you posted.

Wood Borer
22nd August 2005, 12:57 PM
We'll work something out Cliff.

There are a few borers on the BB now.

Cliff Rogers
22nd August 2005, 10:02 PM
Leaning toward Sunday 11th after lunch. We are going to theatre that night so friends we are visiting are planning a day outing on Saturday.