PDA

View Full Version : No new window?

MajorPanic
11th August 2005, 04:41 PM
What's the go now??

Attachment thunbnail links used to open in a new window & now they don't.

It is a lot easier if we could go back to _blank links & not _self.................... Please????

HappyHammer
11th August 2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah I noticed that and I closed of my session by mistake.

HH.

LineLefty
11th August 2005, 04:53 PM
here here.

Neil
11th August 2005, 05:06 PM
I clicked on your thumbnail and also on the one below and they both opened in a new window on my puter. What's the problem?

steven
11th August 2005, 05:11 PM
I clicked on your thumbnail and it opened a new window on my puter. What's the problem?

I just fixed it, they changed it sometime after version 3.0.1 i'm not sure which one. It was just matter of adding target="_blank" back into the postbit_attachmentthumbnail template.

Apparently its to do with usability eg. not forcing the user to have a new window opened without the permission or some crap.

steven
11th August 2005, 05:15 PM
I clicked on your thumbnail and also on the one below and they both opened in a new window on my puter. What's the problem?

You might want to apply the attachment change to the other templates you have setup.

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « $Template » -> Postbit Templates -> postbit_attachmentthumbnail

Gumby
11th August 2005, 05:19 PM
I've cut myself off twice - I though it was a problem on my end but obviously not. I started right clicking on the thumbnails and selecting the open in new window option. Old habits die hard.

MajorPanic
11th August 2005, 05:29 PM
I just fixed it, they changed it sometime after version 3.0.1 i'm not sure which one. It was just matter of adding target="_blank" back into the postbit_attachmentthumbnail template.

Apparently its to do with usability eg. not forcing the user to have a new window opened without the permission or some crap.

Hey Steve,

I'm running Firefox & your fix isn't working. I've emptied the cache & history & it still has no effect.

Do you have to change the target="_XXX" anywhere else?

Oh are you an old Bigpond newsgroup junkie?

CYC! :D :D :D

steven
11th August 2005, 05:39 PM
Hey Steve,

I'm running Firefox & your fix isn't working. I've emptied the cache & history & it still has no effect.

Do you have to change the target="_XXX" anywhere else?

Oh are you an old Bigpond newsgroup junkie?

CYC! :D :D :D

I've only updated the default template. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll see a dropdown menu that allows you to switch between styles/templates. Change to woodwork forums vbulletin 3 template and it should work.

I'll update the other template sin a sec.

btw - i've never used a bigpond newsgroup

cheers

steven
11th August 2005, 05:41 PM
Hey Steve,

I'm running Firefox & your fix isn't working.

I also just noticed a dead image in the icons bit below the reply text box, has it always been broken? :eek:

MajorPanic
11th August 2005, 05:44 PM
I also just noticed a dead image in the icons bit below the reply text box, has it always been broken? :eek:

Yup! it's been there as long as I'v been around here :eek:

CYC - is old BPNG speak for "check your settings" usually fired at newbies

MajorPanic
11th August 2005, 05:48 PM
Three cheers for STEVE!!!!!!! :D :D :D

The hero of the hour, thanks for the fix Steve! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

steven
11th August 2005, 05:53 PM
Yup! it's been there as long as I'v been around here :eek:

CYC - is old BPNG speak for "check your settings" usually fired at newbies

Ahh ok...it looks dogey we should fix it :)

I rekcon CYFCI would be better :D

cheers