PDA

View Full Version : Give Zed a Red Day

Grunt
13th August 2005, 11:31 AM
In an effort to save the human race, we must all find time to get Zed a Red.

Gumby
13th August 2005, 11:48 AM
Nope, count me out. He's my furry friend. :p

craigb
13th August 2005, 12:18 PM
He was just round at my place and the bstrad gave me another one. :eek:

At least this one is one you can drink though. :D :D

Gumby
13th August 2005, 12:33 PM
He was just round at my place and the bstrad gave me another one. :eek:

At least this one is one you can drink though. :D :D

How did he get out ??

Hope he didn't crap on your nature strip :D :D :D

Pat
13th August 2005, 02:20 PM
How about a "Be Nice To Zed Day" instead?

craigb
13th August 2005, 03:00 PM
Hope he didn't crap on your nature strip :D :D :D

As a matter of fact he did leave some dropings behind. Not on the nature strip though.
The peculiar thing though is that they are square and look just like Tasmanian Myrtle.

How weird is that ? :confused:

;) :D :D

craigb
13th August 2005, 03:02 PM
How about a "Be Nice To Zed Day" instead?

What a suck-up. :eek:
Zed, I demand you give him a reddie for that. :D :D

Zed
13th August 2005, 05:40 PM
Craig,

Black sassefrass (not myrtle - unless its the same thing.. ??)

the rest of yers - knock yourself out with the reddies, if it helps you sleep at night, I dont give a rats. I stand by my previous long time ago posts re rep points:

Green :
make me laugh for whatever reason
good feedback
good advice
excellent sledging
really quick responses
left field responses

Red :
P!ss me off
have a shot at me
if I think it will pee you off
if I think you'll get a laugh
if I think I'll get a laugh or a rise out of ya
really.. just coz I want to...

you can give yours out for whatever reason you want but the above are mine. I probably wont change unless I have a hemorage and my life attitude changes - god I hope not!!! :eek:

cheers

craigb
13th August 2005, 05:46 PM
Craig,

Black sassefrass (not myrtle - unless its the same thing.. ??)

Oops :o

Zed
13th August 2005, 05:56 PM
Oops :o

sorry craig, coudlnt help me self... :-)

Grunt
13th August 2005, 06:50 PM
Don't worry Zed, we still love you. So cute and furry. We do wish you'd get that finger out of your nose and stick it where it belongs.

:D

boban
13th August 2005, 10:15 PM
Don't worry Zed, we still love you. So cute and furry. We do wish you'd get that finger out of your nose and stick it where it belongs.

Cant do that. Where do you think he keeps the banana:D

AlexS
13th August 2005, 10:24 PM
.... We do wish you'd get that finger out of your nose and stick it where it belongs.

99, 100, change hands :D

echnidna
13th August 2005, 10:53 PM
Zed, I wish you'd put a bit of fur on the nosepickin hand!!!

Grunt
13th August 2005, 11:32 PM
Zed, I wish you'd put a bit of fur on the nosepickin hand!!!

He's worn it off by sticking his hand in a multitude of his orifices.

Grunt
25th August 2005, 08:03 PM
Don't forget Boys and Girls that tomorrow is

Give Zed a Red Day

zenwood
25th August 2005, 08:31 PM
The reddie will be given with a smile. As it was received from Zed. :)

Caliban
25th August 2005, 08:36 PM
There's no way I'd give zed a red.
He's one of the few here who bothered to show any interest in whether my wife was dying of cancer or not.
Perhaps that's selfish of me, but for my money he's a champion.

Pat
25th August 2005, 09:29 PM
As I have only received greenies from the Zed-man, I will not be participateing in this reprehensible act of of bastardisation! Now I will get of my high horse and go and grovel in the mud again . . . Greenies for Zed Day 26/08/05 :D :D :D

Zed
25th August 2005, 09:33 PM
Caliban, I thank you for your kind words.

Pat, I thank you too.

Grunt, get well and truly :D, now youre just being noisome.

Iain
25th August 2005, 10:21 PM
But don't forget with Zed's alter ego you may get two back :rolleyes:

Zed
25th August 2005, 10:42 PM
the alter ego speaks for himself/ herself. it is not I, the one true Zed.

I in fact think that Z ed is in fact Ozwinner / ozwinner / Prince Charles once a prediliciton is set ots hard to change.

Zed
25th August 2005, 10:46 PM
the positive I will choose to take out of give zed a red day is that since I will be giving all those wonderful folk who choose to red me a rasberryof their own, I'll be able to spread the loving to everyone rather than being told to spread it around. I may even see the final goal , Ie : "you have no rep points to distribute" message. now THATS gunna be an achievement!

Oz winner
25th August 2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Zed,
Al might be Z ed,
But I am not

Z ed
26th August 2005, 08:35 AM
Neither am I.

Off to the Bananarium.
But could I be spiny or an axe wielding mod, or a disgruntled feminile?????
Or even Zeds gay lover :)

Grunt
26th August 2005, 09:25 AM
Or even Zeds gay lover

Yeah, you and half of Sydney.

zenwood
26th August 2005, 11:27 AM
Hehe: Zed: Tried to give you a reddie, but it wouldn't let me. Have to wait till next year, now. :rolleyes::p:)

la Huerta
26th August 2005, 12:07 PM
i must have been living under a rock, can someone explain what's this all about...

Wongo
26th August 2005, 12:14 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=20308

Zed
26th August 2005, 05:41 PM
Wongo, Grunt,

Thank you for exciting interest in the Give Zed a Red saga. I'd like to report that currently I have received 2 (thats right, count 'em) 2 reds members who's user names start with "Daddles" & "Grunt", but conversely I have recieved 7 greenies.

Seems that Mr Wongo done have the courage of his convictions !!! :eek: :D

Thank you again, please feel free to organise this event again soon! :D

zenwood
26th August 2005, 06:16 PM
Aw...what a bunch of softies we all are!

Daddles
26th August 2005, 06:21 PM
And as usual, Mr Zed has it all wrong. He did NOT get a red from me for Give Zed a Red Day, he got it yesterday :D . And, contrary to his stated aim that this is all in fun and hence retaliation is not part of it, he promptly fired back with a red of his own :confused:

It's the 'instant retaliation' that I don't like, regardless of who it comes from, particularly with the treats being made by others.

The reputation system is now no longer a way to applaud peoples efforts - that was ended some time ago by the said Zed when he started splashing reds around for no appropriate reason (my first was for a post where I actually praised the man). However, following Zed's stated claim that his distributions were 'just good fun', I joined in that fun, but instant retaliation rarely leads to fun in the long term.

Then you've got the latest collection of fake memberships.

The reputation system no longer represents a way of applauding good posts or of criticising bad ones.
The reputation system is no longer a form of fun, except for one or two people.

I therefore suggest that the system be abolished, much as I have taken much pleasure and comfort from the support it gives :( .

And no, this post is not a joke. You can claim I'm a sad individual for taking it too seriously if you like, but there was a time when it served a useful purpose and now it does not - the petty amusement of a few is not a useful purpose. You should also note that I'm one of those who regularly tosses around jokes and cops the fire in return. If you don't want to do it in public, use the private messages.

Richard

echnidna
26th August 2005, 07:00 PM
Gotta agree totally with Richard.

Zed
26th August 2005, 07:03 PM
I respect your opinion Daddles, however a reputation system that is unaudited, unpoliced, professess no guidelines between good or bad nor provokes any comment from the powers that be besides the odd "keep it clean" cannot by any definition, be said to be either serious, a true measure of worth nor a quatifiable yard stick of contribution.

Therefore being left to our own devices in this functionality we are left to decide ourselves how to police this part of the forum. Wongo and Grunt have initated just that with the red for zed - I applaud this! true democracy - virtually...

If there were mandatory guidelines or restrictions on how a rep point should be defined I for one would applaud and stay within the set boundaries. I am on public record here that I would be the first in line to pay my due to join a fee paying web society at Ubeaut - if this were the case I would treat the rep points with far more respect than my current candor.

In lieu of this I interpret this in my own inane manner to amuse myself and judging by the rep points I have received both today and elsewhen most choose to do the same.

Additionally most on here treat rep's with humour; even in this instance the cheif initators of the "lets get Zed"; Wongo and Grunt esquire's. Rather than get annoyed I choose to play along and treat it as I feel is the best way it should be treated ; in fun with mates.

To further justify my actions I would freely offer all access to my user profile If I could to show exactly where I in return receive my points. I get many - beleive me; from the serious starters to the insane like myself. I get them for honest feedback, critique, advice, banter and the biggest category - the insanely frivolous. I return them in the same way - I draw your attention to your recent help and critique to myself re some writing instruction - Where else am I gunna meet a professional writer who will freely, unselfishly and candidly offer advice that is better than paid advice ??????????

I deduce therefore that what I do is a good thing - so until Neil, , Shane etc tell me to stop - I shall keep at it. We all lead serious lives - my job is a tough and serious one, Daddles you are on public record fpor your misfortune and hard restart after a messy divorce, others such as J-man Mick & Caliban etc...also have serious issues in thier lives - I feel that I help them remain sane and provide them with some laughter.

I stand by by my position.

ozwinner
26th August 2005, 07:08 PM
I also think it should be taken in fun, once you get serious about it you can forget it.

Al :)

Grunt
26th August 2005, 07:25 PM
I'd give you a greenie Zed but I just gave you a reddie.

Rep points are not taken very seriously on this board. Have a look at the points that I've received over the last little while. The only serious posts I got greenies was for discussing the smoking issue, providing an address and doing a google search for someone. You will notice the number of reds I get from Zed. I also got two greenies. The rest of the greenies are for the frivolous posts on my part.

Oh, Zed what you doing later? I'd like to give you a damn good ...

http://www.users.on.net/~gril/wwfuploads/ScreenShot053.jpg

zenwood
26th August 2005, 08:21 PM
From the evidence, I'd say that the vast majority of users are giving greenies to posts they like, and reddies to posts they don't. The inverted fun-use of a few doesn't make the whole system useless. Even the fact that Zed only got two or three reddies, and vastly more greenies means most of us are reluctant to give out reddies even in fun.

I'd vote no for the proposition to abolish the rep system.

echnidna
26th August 2005, 08:30 PM
Maybe the rep system could be upgraded to twin systems
One system for acknowledging helpful or otherwise posts
Another fun awards system which might be for example
a bucket or a boquet(bunch of flwers for you lot who can spell properly)

Iain
26th August 2005, 09:00 PM
I get them for honest feedback, critique, advice, banter and the biggest category - the insanely frivolous. I return them in the same way - I draw your attention to your recent help and critique to myself re some writing instruction - Where else am I gunna meet a professional writer who will freely, unselfishly and candidly offer advice that is better than paid advice ??????????

I deduce therefore that what I do is a good thing - so until Neil, , Shane etc tell me to stop - I shall keep at it..

And in the humour intended, which everyone seemed to take far too seriously, I created Z ed, no harm was intended, even though he (Z ed) received his fair share of reds and greens.
If Zed was offended I apologise, but as stated it was all in fun, albeit with the aid of some serious shiraz.
Z ed will now sign off and be a distant memory..................we hope.
And I only gave greenies to all who gave me reddies :D :D :D
I was hoping to be an allie for Mr Zed, the real one, for I appreciate his warped sense of humour.

Auld Bassoon
26th August 2005, 09:06 PM
From the evidence, I'd say that the vast majority of users are giving greenies to posts they like, and reddies to posts they don't. The inverted fun-use of a few doesn't make the whole system useless. Even the fact that Zed only got two or three reddies, and vastly more greenies means most of us are reluctant to give out reddies even in fun.

I'd vote no for the proposition to abolish the rep system.

I'd agree with zenwood,

It's fun, and generally used appropriately.

Cheers!

Zed
26th August 2005, 09:11 PM
And in the humour intended, which everyone seemed to take far too seriously, I created Z ed, no harm was intended, even though he (Z ed) received his fair share of reds and greens.
If Zed was offended I apologise, but as stated it was all in fun, albeit with the aid of some serious shiraz.
Z ed will now sign off and be a distant memory..................we hope.
And I only gave greenies to all who gave me reddies :D :D :D
I was hoping to be an allie for Mr Zed, the real one, for I appreciate his warped sense of humour.

I wasnt offended. in fun! however I generally dont approve of psuedo-names. no insult taken!

Grunt
26th August 2005, 09:25 PM
So Zed, as your special day draws to a close, how many reddies did you end up with?

If you didn't get enough, I'm sure the lads and lasses will pass around a few greenies to free themselves up to give you some of what you deserve.

multinut
26th August 2005, 09:41 PM
ye ha
give zed a red day
just got home from work
been hanging to do this all day
my first red
bugger
have not spread enough reputation around
cheers multinut
:cool:

AlexS
26th August 2005, 10:10 PM
Zed, if you want a red from me you'll have to come round and get it y'self.

Zed
26th August 2005, 10:41 PM
11 green, 2 red today, one red yesterday. so im not as unpopular / popular as you may think!

Stuart
26th August 2005, 11:09 PM
Isn't tomorrow your birthday? Happy Red Zed day for today anyhow.

Caliban
27th August 2005, 01:33 AM
Zeljko
I have a bottle of red with your name on it just waiting for your presence.
The missus and I will be happy if we have to wait twenty years to share it with you, and happier if you can make it sooner.

Zed
27th August 2005, 09:12 AM
CAliban, I'd be honoured - next time we drive up the coast we'll stop in.

its the 30th by the way not today (thanks for the sentiment guys)