PDA

View Full Version : Where to start

MBUMIK
17th April 2016, 04:10 PM
Hi to all

i am looking at buying a 3D Tek, XYZ Carve, but i have no idea where to start learning about the software required to make the objects i wish to cut out

the things i would like to make are molds for resin casting, leather stamps out of MDPE plastic and some signs out of wood

i am generally a quick learner and self taught in everything else i make and do, but i am at a loss of where to start

any help would be very much appreciated

MIK

Breezy
17th April 2016, 09:51 PM
Hi to all

i am looking at buying a 3D Tek, XYZ Carve, but i have no idea where to start learning about the software required to make the objects i wish to cut out

the things i would like to make are molds for resin casting, leather stamps out of MDPE plastic and some signs out of wood

i am generally a quick learner and self taught in everything else i make and do, but i am at a loss of where to start

any help would be very much appreciated

MIK

Join CNCZone Forums.
Try Autodesk Fusion360 for your CAD/CAM software, Mach3 for your CNC controller software.

foobillious
18th April 2016, 02:46 PM
There are a bunch of x-carve / shapeoko videos on youtube where people show their workflow process - they might give you some ideas of software others use.

Inkscape seems popular on the free side of things.

Vectric Aspire software is expensive, but really easy to use.