PDA

View Full Version : Ian Wilkie - A very big thank you goes out to him

section1
21st April 2016, 05:41 PM
The first time I met Ian he gifted me a mallet he made out of Rosewood, I can't say how much that meant to me then and how much it still means to me. I know it's just a mallet but it's the generosity of one woodworker to another that holds a lot of meaning to me. I use it all day everyday in my work, it's strong and sturdy nothing like anything you can buy it's truly well built, I know this will not only out live me but many generations. Sadly I lost his number as my phone was stolen and when he gave it to me again my replacement phone died and I was embarrassed to ask once more little did I know that you can upload this info on gmail.

I wanted to write this and express my gratitude, I delayed it for so long as it is unaustralian for us blokes to get all mushy, I'm old school, a handshake is written in stone, honesty and integrity all the way. All in all I just wanted to say thanks Ian, thank you very much.

IanW
21st April 2016, 06:24 PM
What can I say?
:B :B

Bushmiller
21st April 2016, 10:39 PM
Look after that damned phone number? :D

Regards
Paul

fletty
21st April 2016, 10:43 PM
"mushy" is a pretty fair response when it comes to IanW.

fletty

Bushmiller
21st April 2016, 11:08 PM
Ahem.. I better confess that I too am a recipient of a Wilkie freebee. I just happened to mention in passing that I had mislaid my marking knife: Couldn't find it anywhere and the next moment I had this delightful little Gidgee device pressed upon me. It's a treat and so different to the one mislaid (and later found). Eh...I don't have to give Ian's knife back do I?

Nope. It's a fixture now and treasured. I know exactly how you feel section1. I also know for a fact that we are not alone in this predicament. If enough people 'fess up we could probably make out it is really an exclusive macho cult.

Regards
Paul

Regards
Paul

Doggie
22nd April 2016, 03:36 PM
For God's sake guys. Man up. Do the Aussie thing and ignore a good turn like a real bloke. OK, the Wilkster does the random right thing but is this a call for mass woosing out, blubbering and the like NO. Intestinal fortitude is the way to go (guts for short). Take all that pussy talk back and just tell him 'Ok, nice, good, see yu! Got it. Good!!
Dogster Hey Yarh. (chest thump)

derekcohen
22nd April 2016, 05:09 PM
I have a couple of nice saws from Ian ... always considered you a good friend, Ian. It has been too long in the workshop together!

Regards from Perth

Derek

section1
22nd April 2016, 05:24 PM
Hear hear

Christos
24th April 2016, 07:51 AM
What can I say?
:B :B

Don't have to say anything it also comes across in your writing.

Simplicity
24th April 2016, 05:40 PM
I'm going to save my view for at least another 7 days.
So I can form my own view.
With out being influenced by the likes that go here.
Ian will understand
Matt