PDA

View Full Version : Need some rain

Big Shed
27th April 2016, 06:17 PM
The drought is really biting, here is our bottom dam, it is the first time in the 15 years we have lived here that it has been dry.

The last picture was taken in August 2010 and shows a healthier state of affairs.

As you can see we need some rain, so far in April we have had 4.5mm, and that was the total for 4 days, didn't really wet the ground.

HUON
28th April 2016, 03:42 PM
I concur, our dam is a puddle at best. Hopefully we'll get something better than a dust suppressant this weekend

rustynail
28th April 2016, 04:28 PM
The drought is really biting, here is our bottom dam, it is the first time in the 15 years we have lived here that it has been dry.

The last picture was taken in August 2010 and shows a healthier state of affairs.

As you can see we need some rain, so far in April we have had 4.5mm, and that was the total for 4 days, didn't really wet the ground.
Next best option to rain is a dozer. Send it down another metre or two.

Christos
28th April 2016, 05:55 PM
Wow certainly looks very bleak. The positive side would be to make it deeper for when the rains do come.

HUON
5th May 2016, 09:26 PM
Well we got some rain, more coming on sunday through to Wednesday. Bring it on Huey. Enough water in the creek to start up the hydro power.

Glenn.Visca
5th May 2016, 09:59 PM
Bigshed, we were in Marong Anzac weekend and it certainly looked like there had been a dry spell for quite some time. Good luck !

Treecycle
26th May 2016, 10:55 AM
I hope you are all getting some out of this latest lot, but it will take a fair bit for runoff to start filling dams.

HUON
10th June 2016, 06:09 PM
Crikey, after last week I don't think anyone would be game to complain about a lack of water in their dams. Hells bells and little fishes.