PDA

View Full Version : Life can be difficult??

Little Festo
18th August 2005, 09:32 AM
We are having a spot of nice weather up here in Darwin at the moment. The days are a little cooler - about 30ish and the nights are getting down to about 20, any lower and it would be a bit too cold. We also get some nice sunsets and there is nothing better to do that watch the sun go down with a nice glass of wine, or two. I took these on the wife's small digital the other night. We will be there tonight with my seven foot tall woodturning mate -=

Peter - from Darwin

dai sensei
18th August 2005, 09:08 PM
Ah, sitting down the beach after the markets, down the rocks at Nightcliff, or top of the cliffs at Casuarina - beautiful memories, especially this time of year.

But then I think how bloody hot it used to get in the wet, the rain and mould, and the odd cyclone.

Nice pictures by the way.

Cheers

Little Festo
19th August 2005, 09:15 AM
Ah, sitting down the beach after the markets, down the rocks at Nightcliff, or top of the cliffs at Casuarina - beautiful memories, especially this time of year.

But then I think how bloody hot it used to get in the wet, the rain and mould, and the odd cyclone.

Nice pictures by the way.

Cheers
Neil, I don't want any reminding about the coming up wet season, just enjoy this while it lasts. It's not too bad around January February and march, but there is that threat of the odd cyclone.

Peter

Jill
19th August 2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Peter,

Just thought you may like to see a photo of what winter is supposed to be like!
This was taken (on our daughter's car) a few weeks ago when we had a -5.5*C frost near Collie, W.A. It gave our young mango tree (we are from Central Qld. - got to have those mangoes!) a bit of a hiding, even though I have it well insulated and protected!

Enjoy that weather!

Cheers,

Jill

ptc
19th August 2005, 11:24 AM
Peter.
Move to Tasmania.
Great Sunsets and great wood.

zenwood
19th August 2005, 12:09 PM
Beautiful shots Peter. Makes me want to visit Darwin. :)

ptc
19th August 2005, 05:47 PM
How,s this.
bit cool at the moment

Auld Bassoon
19th August 2005, 08:32 PM
How,s this.
bit cool at the moment

Hi ptc,

You'd never guess from all the people swimming, eh!

Cheers!

la Huerta
21st August 2005, 12:29 AM
out of all the stupid pics guys put under there name , that husky is absolutely beautiful...ain't life with animals just the best or what.

ptc
21st August 2005, 11:13 AM
La Huerta
her name is Suki.
pic of her mates attached.

la Huerta
22nd August 2005, 01:49 AM
ptc...

suki , i love that , and her friends, i bet she loves the cooler climate there too.

...i woke up this morning with a strange scence of wanting to be on a property/farm, and i live in the city, man i gotta get out of here, tools are great but a horse would be nice too...will take some pics of my lovely dog and post them on soon...