PDA

View Full Version : q-turn

woolclasser
7th May 2016, 04:10 PM
hi every one,the invites are out for q-turn on the 17-18-19june and there are still a few places left would you like to come. Who else is coming
jim

dai sensei
7th May 2016, 11:04 PM
Shame I can't make it this year, I'll be in Darwin by then (?).

Great turning event and one of the best Turnabouts.

woolclasser
13th May 2016, 07:42 PM
what, no takers for a full weekend of turning. i am surprised.
jim

smiife
13th May 2016, 08:15 PM
what, no ers for a full weekend of turning. i am surprised.
jim

Hi jim,
Maybe a bit more Information on the event, location,
cost, what Is involved, who is attending , how many
people would be attending , what Is the program for
each day, do we have to bring equipment , who to
contact ? ...??? Accomodation ..?
Just a few questions off the top of my head......
Remember not everyone knows about Q.turn !

dai sensei
13th May 2016, 11:24 PM
Here is some info.

Basically most people bring there own lathes and turn away all weekend, you can turn 24hrs a day if you want to on what ever you want, there is no set program. There are usually some spare lathes, or people who don't mind sharing, if you don't have one. Turnings of all experiences are welcome, from beginners through to the experts will be there, in small stuff like pens through to large bowls etc. Tuition is available too for free. Sometimes timber is available for sale or swap but best t bring your own.

All food is provided, ie breakfast/morning tea/lunch/afternoon tea/dinner plus tea making facilities all day long. Accommodation is camp style bed/bunk rooms, although you can bring your own camper/caravan if you prefer. It is up in the hills so cool at night and often during the days too so bring clothing for hot or cool.

Great bunch of turners get together and have a great time turning and telling heaps of lies :U. Partners are welcome but no set program for them, although a lot go shopping at the local town. You don't have to do just woodturning, you are welcome to bring any equipment and basically do anything, ie burning/scroll-saw/card making/jewellery making/sewing etc etc

woolclasser
14th May 2016, 07:44 PM
yep, neil just said it all. bring your own lathe (the mini ones are best) and turn to your own pace all weekend. you will also need to bring your own bedding (sheets, blankets pillow) if you plan on having any sleep. Some things that you CAN.T do are bring pets,and you can't just rock up on the day. you must register before the event. it is a lot of fun and everyone enjoys themself.
jim

woolclasser
31st May 2016, 07:54 PM
last chance, the books close in two days time.this is necessary so that i can organise the caterers.
jim