PDA

View Full Version : Triton Tip

Noel Butcher
21st September 1999, 06:00 PM
I have a 2000 workcentre and the sliding extension table. I found that when working with something as large as a door which needed trimming that the workcentre moved a bit in the direction that the door was being pushed as it made contact with the blade. Normally that isn't too much of a problem but when using the sliding extension table the alignment of the extension table and the workcentre suffered a bit as the workcentre tended to rise up a bit. To stop this I acquired a set of the braces for the router table from Triton ( cost about $30.00) and fitted them to the workcentre. Problem solved. They fit perfectly with one hole needed to be drilled at the centre of the top fold in the workcentre legs.
If you turn your workcentre upside down and test the free play at the bottong of the legs it is about 25mm. With the braces attached and tightened this is reduced to about 3mm whic is negligible withe the unit up the correct way.

Also if you are interested there is a link on the Triton site to the Triton Owners Club of Canbera