PDA

View Full Version : Triton Precision Power Saw Review

barrysumpter
10th September 1999, 04:54 AM
Anyone purchase this saw yet? What do you have to say about it?

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter

centraa
17th October 1999, 09:33 PM
Hi my name is Gino.

I actually work for Triton as a demonstrator; I feel that I can be unbiased in my reply to your question.

The saw is fantastic. It is at least as good as the top brand name saws. BUT you get quite a bit more with it. E.g. Some decent handles with which you use to change the angle of the saw. The mechanism, which is used, for raising and lowering the saw depth is quite sturdy and eliminates the need for a saw stabiliser bracket. (If you look closely at the pivot point it actually is supported at two points and not one like most saws in its class) While I can say a lot more about this saw, I will finish by saying apart from all the above (and more) you actually get a saw blade with it which is worth $90.00. (You normally only get a 2mm tungsten saw blade if you lucky with other saws, otherwise you get only a pressed steel blade. But with this saw you actually get a 3mm blade with expansion slots)

What the latter means to you (assuming you are about to purchase a saw table) is that you can immediately align your new saw without purchasing another blade. Which you would have to do if you purchased another saw.
And besides I'm wrapped with mine.

Regards

Gino Centofanti

------------------
Gino Centofanti