PDA

View Full Version : Burglar caught!

Groggy
20th August 2005, 05:13 PM
I have a shed on the side of the house with a roller door at each end. This is handy to carry stuff straight through to the back or to park the car in (when I am out of lumber). Last night, since I had been in and out of the shed all day, I'd only closed the yard side of the shed and was just leaving the front door when I heard a noise in the shed.

I snuck around and peeked into the end of the shed and, in the gloom, saw the tail of Sally the shop dog happily wagging as she was tearing into a bag of MacDonalds she'd dragged from the bin.

Since she knows this is a definite no-no, I thought I'd teach her a lesson and scare the bejeezus outta her. I snuck up on her as quietly as I could and, I must admit, did a great job of it. Trying to stop myself from laughing, I slowly reached to grab her in the ribs and yell out. Thankfully, the wind was blowing toward me and she didn't catch my scent.

Anyway, she was buried deep in the McBag (it was over her head) and her shoulders were half under the shelf. Perfect, the silly mutt was gonna freak out.

I grabbed her ribs and yelled "Bad Dog!", then started laughing - for about two seconds...

What came out of the bag was not my dog! It was someone else's Labrador wearing a surprised look and lots of teeth. It had banged its head on the way out from under the shelf, then had backed between my legs, snapping and snarling - not good. Inside the house, my dog was now going nuts, further scaring the new dog. I fell ar*e up trying to get away from the teeth and paws of the mutt desperately trying to get away, which thankfully it did. Leaving me, totally shattered, in a heap in the shed.

It took hours for the heart rate to go down.

echnidna
20th August 2005, 05:51 PM
You should stop feeding the neighborhood strays. :D :D

Shane Watson
20th August 2005, 05:54 PM
argh, I needed a good laugh today...thanks! ;) ;) :p :p

zathras
20th August 2005, 06:17 PM
Thinking of giving up? I gave up smoking 3Y 8M 2W 5D 48m 20s ago and have saved $8,485.63 from 33,941 cigarettes not going up in smoke,

To date 16W 5D 20h 25m of my life has been recovered.

The money saved was put aside and bought a TS, BS, Jointer, thicknesser, dust collector, timber and goodies from LV and LN (plus a bunch of items for the family).

I hope someone gets some incentive from this.

What, you didn't buy anything from U-Beaut? Shame Shame Shame :D

jow104
20th August 2005, 06:22 PM
In this day and age you could possibly be charged with assault if it had been an human burgler, dunno about what the dog owner might consider :D :D :D

MajorPanic
20th August 2005, 08:08 PM
I have a shed on the side of the house with a roller door at each end. This is handy to carry stuff straight through to the back or to park the car in (when I am out of lumber). Last night, since I had been in and out of the shed all day, I'd only closed the yard side of the shed and was just leaving the front door when I heard a noise in the shed.

I snuck around and peeked into the end of the shed and, in the gloom, saw the tail of Sally the shop dog happily wagging as she was tearing into a bag of MacDonalds she'd dragged from the bin.

Since she knows this is a definite no-no, I thought I'd teach her a lesson and scare the bejeezus outta her. I snuck up on her as quietly as I could and, I must admit, did a great job of it. Trying to stop myself from laughing, I slowly reached to grab her in the ribs and yell out. Thankfully, the wind was blowing toward me and she didn't catch my scent.

Anyway, she was buried deep in the McBag (it was over her head) and her shoulders were half under the shelf. Perfect, the silly mutt was gonna freak out.

I grabbed her ribs and yelled "Bad Dog!", then started laughing - for about two seconds...

What came out of the bag was not my dog! It was someone else's Labrador wearing a surprised look and lots of teeth. It had banged its head on the way out from under the shelf, then had backed between my legs, snapping and snarling - not good. Inside the house, my dog was now going nuts, further scaring the new dog. I fell ar*e up trying to get away from the teeth and paws of the mutt desperately trying to get away, which thankfully it did. Leaving me, totally shattered, in a heap in the shed.

It took hours for the heart rate to go down.

SWMBO came in to see what I was laughing so hard at! Even she thought it was hilarious! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

Auld Bassoon
20th August 2005, 08:24 PM
Groggy,

Love it!

Cheers!

Clinton1
21st August 2005, 09:34 AM
Ha Ha

Bet you were a mite anxious about that dog getting a mouthful as it went out between your legs.

Thanks, I needed a giggle.

Iain
30th August 2005, 06:55 PM
Thankfully, the wind was blowing toward me and she didn't catch my scent.
Had it have been my dog (also Sally) you certainly would have got hers :D :D :D :D

Allan at Wallan
29th August 2007, 09:28 PM
Good one Groggy about the doggy.:2tsup:

It brought a smile to my dial and a grin on my chin.

Allan

I am not at all worried about dying
... but just hope I am not there at the time.

dennford
29th August 2007, 09:38 PM
Brightened up my day too.

It sounds like one for me to remember for when the boys are down the shed having a few beers - you could become famous.

Denn

Krazee
29th August 2007, 11:48 PM
So does this mean that Mc is not good for you're health?

bennylaird
30th August 2007, 12:27 AM
Bet Sally gave you the "You have been with another dog" sniff?

Pity you don't have it on video, would have been a classic.

Munga
30th August 2007, 06:53 AM
There was one like that on the forum a few years ago one of those you think about constantly and have a good laugh, it made me look like a complete idiot as I drive a school bus and I'd be driving along and all of a sudden start laughing, those kids didn't know weather to get off the bus at the next stop or grab me tie me up and call the authorities, finally i printed a couple of copies and sent the round the bus and that got me off the hook.:D

Honorary Bloke
30th August 2007, 07:29 AM
There was one like that on the forum a few years ago

And I think this was it. :rolleyes: :D :D Stray dog's no doubt dead or moved by now. :p

Barry Hicks
30th August 2007, 08:50 AM
I would have loved to have been there with a video camera! We both might have become famous overnight.

Barry Hicks

Groggy
31st August 2007, 08:54 PM
Ah well, after two years I can finally laugh at it. :D

It wasn't very funny at the time though :no:

RicB
4th October 2012, 10:23 PM
Sadly I can match that story. My wife and I would go for a walk around a lake of an evening. The lake is a man made jobbie called Mawson Lakes. It is about 2-3 kilometers around the whole thing and in some sections there are bushes etc. We were about to leave to drive down to Mawson Lakes when my daughter and son in law came for a visit. They decided they would come along for a walk as well. There is two ways you can go around the lake, a short walk and a longer walk depending if you cut across the bridge. Now the kids are obviously younger and so were a bit quicker and we eventually got seperated. It was dark and there was quite a few sections between the lights that were quite dark. As we were walking we could see the kids had just about lapped us and were coming up behind us a couple of hundred feet back. The path winds a bit and we disappeared from their view, my wife kept walking and I hid behind a bush near the path. I was nearly wetting myself thinking how they were going to be scared out of there pants, something my son in law takes great pleasure in doing to me. As they were about to pass the bush I jumped out in front waving my arms and screaming blue murder.........this middle aged coupkle nearly died on the spot, their little dog ran off into the bushes.......it was like a scene from a teenage movie. After apologising and helping them find their dog they saw the funny side of it, but not as funny as my kids who appeared shortly afterwards.