PDA

View Full Version : Setting up 2Hp C/T Dusty

Waldo
20th August 2005, 07:04 PM
G'day,

In my quest to sort out what's needed in setting up the plumbing for my 2Hp C/T Dusty I've made up a diagram to how I think it should be set up. The plumbing will be running along the floor. So have a look at the attachment and tell me what you think based on the questions below.

My question is will this work?

Have I missed anything?

What connection do I need to get the 4" connection from the Dusty to the PVC running along the floor?

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

bsrlee
20th August 2005, 07:36 PM
1. Use 'Y' fittings instead of 'T' fittings to join drop lines (flex pipe) to main line - allegedly increases efficiency greatly.

2. You only need the gates at the drop pipe/rigid pipe join, not in the middle of a pipe run.

3. Consider a pressure relief box/valve somewhere in line, possibly between the last gate & the DC. It will open (or be opened) when the pressure in the pipe gets too low & reduces the risk of sucking your pipes flat :eek: Putting a partly opened gate at the end of the pipe run also works, and increases air velocity thru' the pipe. Gates may also stick if pressure is too low inside the system.

4. To put the permanent rigid dusting at floor (or ceiling) level, you just want some large radius bends like they use for cable ducting rather than the sharp plumbing bends. You probably only need one to turn the pipe from horizontal to vertical. Use them also to go around corners.

Sturdee
20th August 2005, 08:00 PM
In addition to the above:

If possible use 6" pipe for the main lines with 4" take of to the machines.

The extra blast gate after a take of to shut down flow from the rest of the system is a good idea. I have them as well and it does make a difference.

Instead of 90' elbow use two 45' elbows with a short bit of pipe to make a more gradual bend.( Same as large radius bend in above post but cheaper.)

Peter.

Waldo
20th August 2005, 08:41 PM
G'day Brslee / Sturdee,

Thanks for the replies.

What does pressure relief box/valve look like and where might I find one?

outback
20th August 2005, 09:21 PM
G'day Brslee / Sturdee,

Thanks for the replies.

What does pressure relief box/valve look like and where might I find one?

{Insert any one liner here concerning a box type used to relieve pressure} :D :eek: :D

There ya go , you can wield the axe now. :D