PDA

View Full Version : Triton tip!

Mark Woodward
29th November 1999, 09:36 PM
If like me you have the triton 2000 workcentre and find those little plastic saw holders a reel let down,here's an idea. Take their bolts out and then throw the rest away!! Then be daring and drill 4 holes through the saw and the sled just large enough for the bolts. MAKE SURE YOU ZERO THE FENCE! Stick the bolts through and tighten everything up! Your saw will never move again! You shouldn't have to rezero the saw if you remove it either. Use nylon nuts or at least a spring washer so nothing vibrates loose. I'm not sure "George" would approve but it's certainly stabilised my saw! You'll end up with 4 holes in your saws baseplate, but it's worth it I reckon.
Cheers,
Mark

George
22nd December 1999, 02:03 PM
Sounds a bit drastic to me. You'd want to get the alignment right first time!

barrysumpter
4th January 2000, 08:14 AM
I've just fitted the Triton Precision Saw to the Triton 2000 WorkCentre. Although it still took a few hours and quite a few re-adjustments, the plastic saw holders played a major part in the fine re-adjustments.
I agree that if you are going to remove the holders from use to be sure to zero your cuts first.

Please be informed that I can remove and replace my saw in about 5 seconds using the holders. You would considerable increase this time using only bolts and nuts.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 08 January 2000).]