PDA

View Full Version : Coral Outcrop or Rock Pool

kcam
8th June 2016, 08:45 PM
This is the latest in my coral series, turned from a crapy piece of camphor laurel. I had first thought to colour it to highlight the coral variations but the decided to leave it. I then saw it as a rock pool.
Comments are welcome,

Picko
8th June 2016, 11:44 PM
Noice Kerry. Very noice.

Nubsnstubs
9th June 2016, 12:00 AM
Noice Kerry. Very noice.

hehehe writing with an accent. Priceless.......

Kerry, I'll second what Picko said but without the accent. ............ Jerry (in Tucson)

ogato
9th June 2016, 02:16 PM
nothing crappy about that piece of camphor - lovely piece of wood, beautifully turned and carved to make the most of it.
well done
Jeff

turnerted
9th June 2016, 04:44 PM
Well done . Just needs a couple of fish .
Ted

kcam
22nd June 2016, 07:29 PM
I was surprised to learn that my "rock pool" was awarded joint Grand Champion at my clubs annual competition, that was judged by six judges yesterday......I must admit that I was chuffed by the unexpected compliment.:)

smiife
22nd June 2016, 08:38 PM
I was surprised to learn that my "rock pool" was awarded joint Grand Champion at my clubs annual competition, that was judged by six judges yesterday......I must admit that I was chuffed by the unexpected compliment.:)

Well deserved too!
Well done :2tsup:

kcam
22nd June 2016, 08:41 PM
Thanks smiife

Christos
23rd June 2016, 06:53 PM
I am tending to see more like a rock pool in this piece.

Is the piece partly burnt or was this naturally darken before you started turning?

kcam
23rd June 2016, 07:17 PM
Is the piece partly burnt or was this naturally darken before you started turning?

It was a natural fault through the blank that I tried to highlight with the embellishment....and yes I called it "Rock Pool" for the competition. Cheers Kerry

artme
23rd June 2016, 09:03 PM
Terrific piece!!!:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

I just wish my imagination worked in the same manner!!:B