PDA

View Full Version : Thornley table saw ... any info?

NickJ
21st August 2005, 09:15 PM
Just bought a Thornley table saw that is going to need some work to get it back to full working condition. The fence is broken off and gone so I looking for any information on these saws and history of the manufacturer (Thornley)? Can anyone help. I can post the photos before cleaning started if it helps.

Thanks,

Nick

markharrison
22nd August 2005, 12:00 AM
I can't help you directly but here's a link to a site (http://www.titaniumstudios.com/tooljunkie/machines/mbt.html) that has done what you want to do with a brand that sounds like it might be similar.

NickJ
22nd August 2005, 11:09 PM
Mark,

Thank you for the information. I have emailed the Tooljunkie looking for further help.

Cheers,

Nick

Gaza58
7th April 2017, 10:01 AM
Hey Nick... I know it's a long time ago..... But how did you go researching this..... I am collecting a Thornley Saw Bench myself this weekend and will be looking for info on restoring it... Done a bit of research and there doesn't seam to be much out there on this brand.

Blackout
14th April 2017, 07:17 PM
I went overseas and left my saw. I'm still organising shed with other new saws but will get back to the Thornley. I do remember finding some good photos but don't have a clue where they are now. I think the company was J Thornley and Sons.