who is getting married soon , not really my thing:no:
the timber is jacaranda , then painted with 2 pak
paint , anyway sent them to AWTEX this year and
got 2nd in identical pair ,
Any comments and advice appreciated:2tsup:

artful bodger
7th August 2016, 08:52 PM
2nd in identical pair!
That is a bonus Smife,well done,they look great!, hope there was thousands in prize money you got for it.
Wondering what stops the candle burning down through the candle stick once the wax part has burnt? Then through the table.....house etc?
Regards
Killjoy

Hermosil
8th August 2016, 01:06 AM
Very nice job Well done!

smiife
8th August 2016, 08:44 PM
Hi killjoy,:U?.........yes I received thousands$$$$$$$$$
Thanks for your thoughts, I would have thought It was obvious
what stops the house burning!..................000 call?:U
I should have said they are ornamental use only !:doh:

[QUOTE=Hermosil;1968300]Very nice job Well done!

Hi hermosil , thanks for your kind comments:2tsup:

Mobyturns
9th August 2016, 06:57 AM
Nice work on the spirals.

Just as a btw, a few years back there was a specific consumer alert and ban on combustible candle holders, and a test for combustability. Basically the test is for the ability of the material the candle holders are made from "to ingite and support flame" for a specified time -I think it was five seconds. The alert was aimed more at the resin candle holders. I contacted the Office of Fair Trading & ACCC Product Safety Australia and received a reply that at best was puzzling - timber wasn't considered combustible enough - however I would not supply candle holder without a candle cup. Search "combustible candle holder."

smiife
11th August 2016, 08:13 PM
Nice work on the spirals.

Just as a btw, a few years back there was a specific consumer alert and ban on combustible candle holders, and a test for combustability. Basically the test is for the ability of the material the candle holders are made from "to ingite and support flame" for a specified time -I think it was five seconds. The alert was aimed more at the resin candle holders. I contacted the Office of Fair Trading & ACCC Product Safety Australia and received a reply that at best was puzzling - timber wasn't considered combustible enough - however I would not supply candle holder without a candle cup. Search "combustible candle holder."

Hi moby, I just get a bit tired of all political correctness
sometimes ,,,, If I light a candle and it falls over then I am
to blame If the house burns down.........no one else!
Everyone tries to blame someone else for there mistakes
It seems these days,,,,,,, people need to take responsibility
for there own actions I think, .......rant over for now!
Thanks for your comments