PDA

View Full Version : Triton Owners Club Oyster Bay (Sydney)

davidh
25th May 2000, 11:17 AM
The next meeting of the Triton Owners Club in Sydney will be on June 10 at "the cubby house". This meeting will be covering demos of the Gifkins Dovetail Jig which the club has just purchased. Two types of finger joint jigs will also be demo'd.

See you all there,

Dave

gregster
2nd June 2000, 10:31 AM
I don't supose anyone will be attending this meeting armed with a video camera will they??
I have just started using the Gifkins jig with a Triton router table/ Bosche router & would also love to get into fingerjointing with either the Triton 2000 table or the router table.
Sounds like this session is just what I'm looking for - but I'm in Melbourne :-(
Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Greg

davidh
2nd June 2000, 10:55 AM
Hi Greg,

Roger puts out a video that goes in detail as to the construction of boxes as well as setup of the jig. I think from memory it retails for about $59.00. I think it is quite a lengthy video and if what I have seen in the detail of Roger's plans are anything to gauge it by then I'm sure it would be a worthwhile investment. Failing that the Triton Training video has an interesting section on finger jointing using the saw. I prefer the router to make the cuts myself. Some of the members of the Owners Club here in Sydney have devised various jigs to finger joint. These range from a sled type arrangement with built in dust extraction to a screw thread type where you count equal turns between each cut.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Regards,

Dave

barrysumpter
4th June 2000, 08:55 AM
HI Dave,
I'm a member of the Triton Users Group Holmesglen in Victoria. I was curious as to the dovetail jig and executed a quick search on the internet and found this address:

http://www.gifkins.com.au/

Be sure to read the BOTTOM of the template specs page on:
http://www.gifkins.com.au/TemplateSpecifications.html

Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 04 June 2000).]

davidh
4th June 2000, 11:38 AM
Thanks Barry,

I am also an owner of the jig and have found it to be extremely simple to use and above all - accurate!!

Regards,

Dave

------------------
Measure twice - cut once!!