PDA

View Full Version : Colonial balustrade

Ponce
25th August 2005, 01:41 PM
Can any person help me with designs for balcony balustrade. I have a colonial style house with a front facing verandah and wish to replace the rotted timber cross type balustrade. I am looking for a design which is a little unique. I want to make the balustrade my self from timber (obviously).

Regards Ponce.

ausdesign
25th August 2005, 04:01 PM
Ponce, the balustrade design is probably more of a personal thing but regulation wise if the verandah is more that 1 met above the ground then it needs to be a min. of 1 met. high with no spaces greater than 125mm. If it's higher than 4 met. there's more requirements.
If, as I'm assuming, its below 1 met then it is purely decorative and can be designed to you're liking.

ozwinner
25th August 2005, 05:48 PM
Try here. (http://images.google.com.au/images?q=colonial%20balustrade&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi)

Al :D

Ponce
26th August 2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info. I am really interested in design styles. If any body knows a site to look at, that would help. Alternatively the next best method I guess is to go for a drive and have a look at houses all ready built. :confused:

seriph1
30th August 2005, 04:54 PM
I might be able to help with some design ideas - could you please post some pics of your home so I can ascertain which pics from my library might be suitable.....

have fun!

pootle26
30th August 2005, 05:52 PM
hi
we have a wrought iron balustrade on our house - it has crested herons on it with theier beaks touching - if that makes sense - i will try & get a pic of it to show you

hth

pootle26