sddh2012
8th August 2016, 04:54 PM
Not sure what this stuff is.... Beautiful looking timber

Arron
8th August 2016, 07:19 PM
Google melaleuca

Wizened of Oz
9th August 2016, 06:23 PM
Probably Melaleuca bracteata, commonly sold in nurseries as "Revolution Green". In the bush Black Tea Tree.

cava
9th August 2016, 08:30 PM
Not acacia. Melaleuca looks to be a good match as stated above.

Mobyturns
9th August 2016, 11:35 PM
Probably Melaleuca bracteata, commonly sold in nurseries as "Revolution Green". In the bush Black Tea Tree.

I agree and looking at the end grain cuts probably dead quite a while! It turns beautifully when sound.

shedbound
10th August 2016, 12:34 AM
+1 for Melaleuca, cracks and splits a lot during drying but as said nice to work with.

sddh2012
10th August 2016, 10:39 AM
I agree and looking at the end grain cuts probably dead quite a while! It turns beautifully when sound.

Actually, fresh cut!!! They were all along the drive and we are making way for a new fence.

There is quite a bit there, if anyone is interested in any of it, we are located in Brisbane bayside, you are more than welcome to take as much as you would like.

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2016, 11:06 AM
Another vote for melaleuca from me.

Euge
11th August 2016, 11:54 AM
Yes my guess is Melaleuca to, possibly M. armillaris (honey myrtle) a popular ornamental

chowcini
17th August 2016, 11:20 PM
Looks like
possibly bottle brush tree or same family

Cliff Rogers
18th August 2016, 09:20 AM
Depends what you call a bottle brush tree, mostly they are Callistemons, the bark on that log looks like that but the leaves & flowers are more like Melaleuca.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callistemon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melaleuca

Wizened of Oz
20th August 2016, 01:08 PM
May have been nearly 40 years ago that a group of nurseries in SE Queensland promoted two selections of Melaleuca bracteata, a golden leaf form as "Revolution Gold" and a form with bright green foliage as "Revolution Green".
The Revolution Green label said it was a small shrub. Small, be damned. It's a blooming great tree.
So there are plenty of these now of considerable size in parks, school grounds and front yards.

Mobyturns
21st August 2016, 10:47 AM
May have been nearly 40 years ago that a group of nurseries in SE Queensland promoted two selections of Melaleuca bracteata, a golden leaf form as "Revolution Gold" and a form with bright green foliage as "Revolution Green".
The Revolution Green label said it was a small shrub. Small, be damned. It's a blooming great tree.
So there are plenty of these now of considerable size in parks, school grounds and front yards.

I agree about the "Small, be damned". We planted a line of revolution greens along our driveway in Edmonton when we lived there in the 1980's. In less than 5 years they were over 6m tall, and when we did a drive by about 5 years ago they were still there as quite large trees.

Mobyturns
21st August 2016, 10:50 AM
Actually, fresh cut!!! They were all along the drive and we are making way for a new fence.

There is quite a bit there, if anyone is interested in any of it, we are located in Brisbane bayside, you are more than welcome to take as much as you would like.

So were they doing poorly as that appears to be fungal damage?