PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi TR 12 Parts

chambezio
8th August 2016, 08:27 PM
I have a couple of TR 12s. One I bought new 10 or so years ago and the other was a rescue from Ebay. The rescued one I got going and freed up the plunge mechanism but the main shaft has 2 flats machined to let a spanner hold it while you use the second spanner to grip for the collett. A later model has a hex shaft which makes it a lot easier to change router bits. I would like to change to the hex shaft if I could. Any other parts would be handy as well

What I was thinking was, if some one had a dead TR12 they may want to "dispose" of it my way and I could keep these 2 going. I will be happy to cover costs.

elanjacobs
8th August 2016, 09:18 PM
I didn't think "dead" was a valid option for the TR12 :p
Certainly can't seem to kill the one at work and it's not for lack of trying

chambezio
8th August 2016, 10:39 PM
Elan as you would know in a Joinery with blokes who don't have to supply the gear, care is a foreign word to them. When I was working we had 2 Makitas that took a hiding and eventually gave up the ghost. They were replaced by 2 TR 12s, but I had to leave, so I don't know how long a life they had. But everything dies in the end and I am just hoping someone may give me their "cast off".

The one I "rescued" one from Ebay, had been shoved in a table and must have only had one height setting. The plunge action was frozen and took a lot of gentle pressure and WD 40 to get it free. It fired up and ran OK but over the weekend I was using it and I think I need to renew the brushes and probably change the bearings as well. Some thing is not being happy under load. They are a good machine!!!

chambezio
8th August 2016, 10:55 PM
Just had another thought.....I would be interested in any accessories to suit the TR 12. The "rescued" one came as just the bare router

chambezio
18th August 2016, 10:28 AM
BUMP
Any body.......somebody.....