16th August 2016, 08:52 PM
Hi guys , anyone interested in a small
engraving job on a small plaque , just wanted a name
and date of birth engraved/cnc and painted on a piece
I have turned,, any one interested please PM me
Happy to pay for time and knowhow!

rod1949
16th August 2016, 10:13 PM
I just want to watch this one. Reason being is I have a laser engraver (I'm by no means an expert) and given the head movement/s with particular emphasis on the focal height guide (fhg) the surfaces are required to be flat otherwise the fhg will get obstructed.

Kidbee
17th August 2016, 06:55 PM
I took a photo recently of this laser engraved plaque. I particularly liked the contrast and engraving of the two different woods, so I thought I would share it with you.

smiife
17th August 2016, 08:29 PM
I just want to watch this one. Reason being is I have a laser engraver (I'm by no means an expert) and given the head movement/s with particular emphasis on the focal height guide (fhg) the surfaces are required to be flat otherwise the fhg will get obstructed.

Hi rod, my knowledge of cnc Is zero, but the surface to
be engraved Is flat......

I took a photo recently of this laser engraved plaque. I particularly liked the contrast and engraving of the two different woods, so I thought I would share it with you.

Hi kidbee, thanks for sharing , but who did the engraving?

Kidbee
17th August 2016, 08:46 PM
No idea. You would think that someone in Armidale would have a laser. What about the High Schools?

You could contact Andy Banks (Qld Manager) in Brisbane at Alfex CNC (BRISBANE OFFICE. 13/49 Bellwood Street, Darra, Queensland, Australia 4076. P 1300 20 15 10 (tel:1300 20 15 10). P (+61) 7 3376 2955 (tel:(+61) 7 3376 2955)) who sells Epilog lasers and he maybe able to direct you to someone who could do that small job for you. Perhaps their Sydney office could tell you of a business that has a laser in Northern NSW.

Let us know if you have any success.

smiife
17th August 2016, 09:31 PM
No idea. You would think that someone in Armidale would have a laser. What about the High Schools?

You could contact Andy Banks (Qld Manager) in Brisbane at Alfex CNC (BRISBANE OFFICE. 13/49 Bellwood Street, Darra, Queensland, Australia 4076. P 1300 20 15 10 (tel:1300 20 15 10). P (+61) 7 3376 2955 (tel:(+61) 7 3376 2955)) who sells Epilog lasers and he maybe able to direct you to someone who could do that small job for you. Perhaps their Sydney office could tell you of a business that has a laser in Northern NSW.

Let us know if you have any success.

Thanks mate, I will try them tomorrow,
Thanks for your help

elanjacobs
17th August 2016, 10:12 PM
Try the trade/technical schools. I know that at least one TAFE in Melbourne has a laser.

Just get them to do trials on something expendable before handing over the actual piece; they SHOULD be giving it to the students so they get some real-world experience and mistakes are to be expected in that situation

LaserJack
24th August 2016, 11:54 AM
Hi smiife,

This should be a easy job a laser engraver to complete for you, if you cannot find anyone locally I will be more than happy to quote for the job, you can contact me on here or via my website Custom Engraving and Cutting Services (http://www.laserjack.com.au).

If you need any advise just buzz me