PDA

View Full Version : LSBarker in the wild

DSEL74
25th August 2016, 09:00 PM
I was out with a friend today on a long country drive and he asked if we could drop in at a mates and say g'day as we were passing.

My spidy sense tingled and I spotted this LSB bandsaw hiding in the black berries.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160825/3a6001a75070ee7619755b8a91fa07a7.jpg

I'm told the table is there and it was working before the shed fell down.

The old fella was going to fix it up again but doubts he'll get to it now with his health & age.

Uncle Al
25th August 2016, 10:04 PM
Geez, that restoration would keep someone a tad busy for a long time. Just extracting it from the blackberry patch would be quite a task.
I look forward to following the resto if it goes ahead.

Alan...

Simplicity
25th August 2016, 10:28 PM
Dale
We're is it
Is it expensive does it come with the blackberries as well

DSEL74
25th August 2016, 11:06 PM
Alan, I already have a large Wolfenden bandsaw and I don't really have space for another. So as much as I'd like it I don't really think it is for me.

Matt, I didn't discuss price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simplicity
25th August 2016, 11:17 PM
Alan, I already have a large Wolfenden bandsaw and I don't really have space for another. So as much as I'd like it I don't really think it is for me.

Matt, I didn't discuss price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really !!
You of all people I thought would I've been discussing price.
If it's free with delivery I'm all over it

DSEL74
26th August 2016, 07:21 AM
No point haggling over price for something I'm not intending to buy. Especially if the price is right cos I'd end up talking myself into it. Lol

Vann
29th August 2016, 09:48 AM
...I already have a large Wolfenden bandsaw and I don't really have space for another...I don't see a lot of old Aussie machinery over here (except Dawn post drills). Most old woodworking machinery is British.

So how does LS Barker gear stack up against Wolfenden woodworking machinery (and other Aussie brands)? Is there an Aussie "best", in the way that most would say Wadkin is generally the best of old British woodworking gear?

Cheers, Vann.

DSEL74
29th August 2016, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty happy with the Wolfenden, but in answer to your question I'm not familiar with enough of the gear to have an opinion on who is considered the best of Oz.

I'll leave it to the experts to comment.