PDA

View Full Version : Great Buy

gazaly
8th August 2000, 09:03 AM
I just got a great deal and need to sprook about it.
After seaching for the best price on the Triton saw ($205 Bunnings) I thought I'd try the net. E hardware were the best at $299. So I printed off the page, took it to Bunnings where, after some convincing that I was for real, the beat the price by 10%, as is there policy. wasn't I a happy woodworker!
Now a have my wonderful Triton saw in my workbench, and I only outlaid $269. I thought that was a great bargin.
So check E hardware if your shopping, because they have very little overhead, there prices tend to be slightly cheaper, and Bunning will beat by 10% (at Mornington anyway). Just thought I'd share.
Cheers all,
Gazza.

knuckles
8th August 2000, 01:31 PM
Gazza

I hates to burst yez bubble, but going by what yez said in the post, yez paid $269 from Bunnings for a saw they was selling originally for $205. Sounds like yous have got some sort of false economy goin to me.

Unless of course the $205 was a typo and should have been $305 and if that is the case. Congratulations on being such a clever shopper. This almost qualifies yez for wise guy status. Have ya ever wacked anyone?

Knuckles

PS I bin a way for a bit of a stretch but I'm back in town ready ta make more beautifully turned an polished face rearrangers.

------------------
Don't mess with me! I know where yez live and I might just pay yez a visit. Capish?

gazaly
9th August 2000, 08:42 AM
Cheers Knuckles. Yes it should be $305. As for whacking anyone, I was never in that pub and you can't prove I was!

Gazza.

Iain
9th August 2000, 08:59 AM
You may already know this but if you type in www.ehardware.com.au (http://www.ehardware.com.au) it saves poor buggers like me from having to start from scratch and can return straight to the site.
It will underline automatically.

John Saxton
10th August 2000, 12:20 AM
Gazaly,like you I prefer to compare online with that out in the open market place.The one diff is that a lot of places will let you test drive your tool at their premises which beats trying to play with your tool on line!
After all said and done would you buy your car or house online without first giving it a kick in the guts to see whether or not it will stand up to your ministrations?
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Johnno