PDA

View Full Version : lathe only goes in reverse - help me

man from uncle
5th September 2016, 06:05 PM
I have a vicmarc VL200 with Fuji FVR E7 invertor.
the problem is that the lathe spins in reverse fine and I can adjust the speed in reverse, but will not spin forward at all. Dead as dodo.
I have checked the little contact switch and that is fine. I have changed the cable from the push switch to the connector block, that is fine.
any ideas? I am wondering if the invertor needs resetting, but I cannot find out how to do it

any help really appreciated

malb
6th September 2016, 09:02 PM
Do you need forward and reverse or just forward variable speed?

If you do not need reverse at all, swap any two of the three power leads between the inverter and motor and that will change the motor direction.

If you want forward and reverse, I suspect that you will need to swap two of the motor supply phases as above, to get forward working, and then check the programing for the VFD (inverter) to make sure that it is configured for forward/reverse operation using the control panel you wish to use. There are a number of ways that the control panel can be configured, and the VFD needs to know what you are using in order to respond appropriately.

burraboy
7th September 2016, 05:46 AM
It's a left handed lathe. Stand on the other side.

man from uncle
7th September 2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks Malb
I have obtained the instructions to reset the VFD and will try that at the weekend

man from uncle
11th September 2016, 03:14 PM
Got it fixed. It was a broken cable in the back -

rob streeper
11th September 2016, 11:56 PM
Got it fixed. It was a broken cable in the back -Thanks for posting the resolution of the problem. All too often people come and ask questions but never let us know how the issue worked out.:2tsup: