PDA

View Full Version : irridesscent embelishment

turnerted
12th September 2016, 05:51 PM
G'day
Been playing with color. This is based on the "cosmic cloud "videos of Gary Lowe and Tim Yoder. The vase is jacaranda , about 130 mm high and the pendant , unknown species about 80 mm diam.
Ted

Enfield Guy
12th September 2016, 07:24 PM
Very nice!!

I would be interested to know more of the process.

Cheers
Bevan

powderpost
12th September 2016, 10:58 PM
Very artistic Ted, nice stuff.

Jim

smiife
13th September 2016, 08:35 PM
Well done ted , they look great , very arty

Gary H
13th September 2016, 11:25 PM
G'day
Been playing with color. This is based on the "cosmic cloud "videos of Gary Lowe and Tim Yoder. The vase is jacaranda , about 130 mm high and the pendant , unknown species about 80 mm diam.
Ted

If that's the result of "playing" with colour I look forward to seeing your serious work - what a great result. For the first time I am motivated to try some embellishment, so thanks! Did you get your materials locally, or from overseas? I checked out the videos, but currently have a borrowed computer with no sound (and am no good at lip reading), so was unable to hear what paints and medium were used. Thanks for sharing your "playtime" with us.

Cheers,
Gary H

pommyphil
14th September 2016, 12:55 PM
Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyG2vyBnk4&t=16s

turnerted
14th September 2016, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the comments . I pretty much followed the technique in the videos . All materials were obtained locally . The Jo Sonja blue , green and violet paint purchased on line from "Art On Line"$41.20 including postage .I used nitrocellulose sanding sealer,not the spray on stuff used in the video , a spray can of flat black and finished with "White Knight" gloss acrylic spray can from Bunnies .
Ted

turnerted
14th September 2016, 04:59 PM
I forgot , the diluting medium for the paint , came from my local craft shop.I am sure "Art Online" could supply it too.
Ted

Christos
15th September 2016, 12:07 PM
I had watched these videos and found it interesting. Would love to play around with this idea just have too much going on at the moment. Thank you for sharing.
Do you think you will do these on a bigger piece?

turnerted
15th September 2016, 05:12 PM
I've got a vase about 3x the size sitting on the shelf waiting for me to get round to it.
Ted

Dalboy
15th September 2016, 08:18 PM
A great job on both of these they look great.

I have just brought some Flow Aid to have a go myself. I will be doing some over the next week.

For those that are asking THIS (http://www.cowlingandwilcox.com/detail.aspx?productid=6203) is what Tim Yoder used in his Video you may need to find a local supplier to yourselves but art shops are a great place to get ideas

Gary H
16th September 2016, 06:56 PM
Riot Art & Craft have shops in NSW,ACT,Vic, SA and WA and sell Australian made Matisse brand which includes Flow Acrylic paints, Sealers, and Iridescent Medium - all at a reasonable price. Ted, look what you've started!

A great job on both of these they look great.

I have just brought some Flow Aid to have a go myself. I will be doing some over the next week.

For those that are asking THIS (http://www.cowlingandwilcox.com/detail.aspx?productid=6203) is what Tim Yoder used in his Video you may need to find a local supplier to yourselves but art shops are a great place to get ideas