PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Metric Scales

simso
28th August 2005, 02:51 PM
Hi,
This is targeted mainly to woodpecker but if someone else can help me out I'd appreciate it, I have 2 incra ultra lite jigs in use at home one for the router and one for my tablesaw, I need if possible metric plastic scales Qty 4 2 for the fences and 2 for the main carriers, Ive used up until now the small tape measures supplied by bunnings they fit but they wont slide, I remember a previous post that there now available, if they are can you drop me a line, I live in Perth WA
Thanks Steve

DPB
28th August 2005, 03:12 PM
Simso, your post confuses me a little.

Incra scales are the small plastic blocks with teeth. Incra products are normally supplied with scales in Imperial incrementation, but Metric scales can be ordered. (However, I believe these are in currently in short supply.)

These scales enable you to make incremental adjustments in either Imperial or Metric increments.

The measuring tape supplied with the scales is either Imperial or Metric depending on the scales being used. Therefore, simply changing the measuring tape from one to the other does not convert the Incra jig from one measuring system to the other. In fact, changing the tape without changing the scales makes the jig inaccurate, because incrementation is governed by the scales not the tape.

Hope this helps.

simso
28th August 2005, 03:42 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I dont want to change the scales if thats the plastic Black section with incremented teeth. What Im after is the plastic slide in measuring tape, Im after it in metric even though my unit is imperial it wont matter because you have your fine adjustments, Ive used both my units up till now with steel metric tape bought from bunnings which I pulled out of a small tape measure, It works more than fine and Ive never had an issue with any of my cuts there as incra saids Perfect every time, The current problem I have is when I have to do a large rip using the tablesaw, I cannot adjust my metric tape as when its fitted it wont move for anything, I would like to have some plastic inserts so I can reset for larger sections. I hope this clarifys

Steve

gatiep
28th August 2005, 07:02 PM
Steve,Take a trip to the Blue Boys at 151 Balcatta Road. They have the metric scales and the metric serated blocks in stock. Saw them hanging with the other incra stuff on Friday.

:D

simso
28th August 2005, 09:17 PM
Awesome

Gwhat
2nd September 2005, 08:58 AM
Hi,
This is targeted mainly to woodpecker but if someone else can help me out I'd appreciate it, I have 2 incra ultra lite jigs in use at home one for the router and one for my tablesaw, I need if possible metric plastic scales Qty 4 2 for the fences and 2 for the main carriers, Ive used up until now the small tape measures supplied by bunnings they fit but they wont slide, I remember a previous post that there now available, if they are can you drop me a line, I live in Perth WA
Thanks Steve

As advised we still have a very small number of metric scales, and a few more metric racks.

The two must be used if you are to get full metric functionality.

E-mail us [email protected] for more info.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au