PDA

View Full Version : wanting a leather belt.

Tonyz
23rd September 2016, 05:29 PM
35 years ago wife & I had a honeymoon in Mexico, I bought a beautiful tooled genuine leather belt and bugga me nothing lasts forever the buckle bought in New Orleans has just worn through the leather, bah humbug crappy quality............:rolleyes: so who on here does leather belts? what sort of prices am I looking at? etc etc.
Genuine cow or buffalo leather not genuine imitation leather

Kidbee
23rd September 2016, 08:41 PM
Don't know what you want to spend, but for about $80, R M William's solid hide belts would give you all the quality you want, but they are not carved if that is what you are wanting.

Men's Leather Belts & Buckles - R.M.Williams® (http://www.rmwilliams.com/us/men/accessories/belts-buckles)

NCArcher
23rd September 2016, 10:00 PM
I have a RM Williams belt and they are excellent quality.
I'm currently making myself a belt and I have orders for two or three more for Xmas.
But these are for family. I am not happy that my leather work is good enough to charge money for.
If you want a hand tooled belt I can direct you to some excellent Australian leather workers.
If you just want a plain belt, the RM Williams are a good price for the quality.

nrb
23rd September 2016, 10:57 PM
Yeah,R M Williams are the go ,bought a couple around 25 years ago and with a bit of a polish now and then still in great condition,may last another 25(more than me)

clear out
27th September 2016, 09:56 AM
I too have a hand tooled one I bought in Mexico.
I did pick up a couple of leather belts a few years ago in Sydney from a Safety work clothes shop.
They are black, good quality and were cheap.
Might be worth chasing.
H