PDA

View Full Version : my shaving horse

HUON
28th September 2016, 02:44 PM
Just blowing my own trumpet, hope you don't mind. This horse is taken from the Veritas plans with a personal touch or two. Shaving horses are such a pleasure to do your work on
Cheers

cava
28th September 2016, 02:54 PM
Love the seat. :2tsup:

shedbound
28th September 2016, 03:15 PM
I like it, I'm considering making a padded seat for mine, I need a little more meat on my rump:U. Relaxing work Find. Good job.

Kidbee
28th September 2016, 03:27 PM
You should be able to plough through the timber with a seat like that!!

HUON
28th September 2016, 05:08 PM
I must admit that I haven't sat on the seat for long periods, but I have found it to be a comfortable experience so far. I think that if I put padding on the seat, things might get a tad too warm.

markharrison
28th September 2016, 08:20 PM
Looks like a Fordson tractor seat! :)

Nanigai
29th September 2016, 12:18 AM
Nice shave horse Huon.

I thought the stirrups pushed forward to hold the work piece. I love the idea of these but never used one.
What do you use the veritas hold down for? Is there something I don't know about how they work?

Cheers, Ian

HUON
29th September 2016, 10:42 AM
The seat unbolts fairly quickly, so it's quite quick to set up a piece of timber for planning or using a chisel. I generally use a block plane to take off sharp edges. There's another hole where the pegs are that also takes the hold down.
I'll post some more photos without the seat to show you other uses of what is actually a workbench that you can park your butt on.

HUON
29th September 2016, 11:07 AM
Here are some of it's uses

Nanigai
29th September 2016, 01:57 PM
Thanks Huon, glad I asked now, thats a really good use of a normally one horse pony :D

cheers, Ian