PDA

View Full Version : Dusty mod - building the adapter flange

mase
1st October 2016, 07:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

First up I'd like to say thanks to all who contribute to this part of the forum, your posts have convinced me to improve my current DE setup.

I am going to modify my 2 hp unit as per the sticky started by Bob L.

I have worked out how I am going to complete the required work... except for the extended adapter flange that joins the blower to the filter bag housing.

I intend to draw the 300 mm arc on cardboard for a template but I have no idea where to start/ how to do this.:?

If anyone could explain this process to me I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

BobL
1st October 2016, 07:19 PM
Take one of the bags off the bag housing and either push a piece of cardboard into the edge so that it marks the cardboard or hold it there and run a marker along the outside of the housing.
That should give you the curvature you need.
Then cut along the marked edge and you can use that as a template.

mase
1st October 2016, 07:44 PM
Hi Bob, thanks for the reply, will give it a go tomorrow.
Cheers.

mase
14th October 2016, 07:03 PM
397203 Hi folks,

Just a heads up for anyone who is contemplating the dusty mod in the sticky.
I don't have access to a lathe to create the bell mouth for the impeller inlet, so I bought this " bell mouth spigot" from Metalflex in Adelaide.
Dunno if the radius is correct, but I figure it would be better than nothing.Its a perfect fit for 150 mm PVC pipe.
Cheers,

BobL
14th October 2016, 10:23 PM
Good find! The radius of that port is quite a bit smaller than ideal but it will definitely be better than nothing. The difference in flow between ideal and that rounded Port will amount to only a few %

mase
15th October 2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks Bob, they only cost $9 each, so I plan on getting a few to improve air flow through machines as well.
Cheers,