PDA

View Full Version : Roof for new Deck

Garves
29th August 2005, 09:28 PM
I have just finished my new deck (almost) :D . Now i need to build a roof for it while suiting the existing roof. I have 3 meter high ceilings inside the house and was thinking of keeping the roof at the same height on the deck. Any suggestions???

When building the deck i used posts tall enough to finish 3 meters above the decking. I am not confident enough to do this by myself, (my builder mate who helped me with the deck just went overseas).

If i paid some crowd to do it would I need a roofing crowd or a builder or both, I would prefer to do it with one crowd rather than two. Does anyone know a suitable crowd in brisbane?

Cheers

Pete

leeton
29th August 2005, 10:37 PM
Sorry don't know any one in Brisbane, but I have high ceilings too and matched the roof on the deck with a pitched roof and dutch gable, suits the house, built it myself...don't go flat roof, won't look as good.

leeton
29th August 2005, 10:38 PM
Sorry...to your other question...you won't need a roofing mob. just a good chippy...could knock that up in no time.

maglite
30th August 2005, 03:15 AM
Get a price off both parties.

Builder to align into existing roof and patio mob to attach the next best thing.

We had the same problem over here and it was going to cost nearly 25 k to get the roof line over the deck.
In the end we got a patio company to build it to the same height( gabled) and it cost us 8k...the profile suits the existing roof line too.