PDA

View Full Version : Powtran VFD Help Required

Chris Parks
9th October 2016, 08:31 PM
I need some help. The Powtran VFD as supplied by CV Australia has a removeable keyboard, some may not know that but it can be removed and connected to a cat 5 cable so the VFD can be controlled from a machine etc. When the keyboard is removed there is a connector between it and the VFD body which from will need to be removed if the cable option is used. Would it be possible for someone to take a keyboard out, remove the connector and photograph it for me. From memory it is clipped into the body of the VFD and the keyboard just slides off it. I have lost one and I am trying to get a new one from Powtran but I think we are having a communication breakdown for some reason. I haven't really lost it, I put it in a safe place and I can't find it. :no:

The VFD is the later dark grey P19000 series that has been supplied for a few years now. Thanks.

jms_8087
9th October 2016, 09:48 PM
u mean this?

Chris Parks
9th October 2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks JMS that is exactly what I meant.

jms_8087
9th October 2016, 10:25 PM
Would be pretty simply to make one of these with two rj45 connectors.... If you want me to put one together happy to help.

Chris Parks
9th October 2016, 10:35 PM
An offer I might take you up on but let's see where I go with this in the next 24 hours. I have just looked at Google images for anything similar without finding one so I guess they are a custom made connector. NCArcher has just hooked up a remote control to mine so having the keyboard sitting at the saw is no longer needed.

Chris Parks
10th October 2016, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the offer of help but I have managed to order one from the factory.