PDA

View Full Version : There are timber fairies.

Sturdee
11th October 2016, 06:45 PM
At the last Melbourne forum get together at Gabriel's place I expressed the desire for some more Cypres pine ofcuts. Especially the larger types of 150 * 150 mm.

Well today when I woke up and upon checking the forum I found that Gabriel had pm'ed me some Cypres pine posts ofcuts were on the driveway, delivered early by the timber fairies.:U

A valuable treasure trove that will come in very handy for my turnings. Thanks very much Gab, you're a real gentleman.:2tsup:

Peter.

Ps. Another good reason for going to forum get togethers as it builds informal networks.

Simplicity
11th October 2016, 07:39 PM
What a top bloke

Does he do the same in more expensive timber ranges
Thinking ebony [emoji106][emoji106]

Gabriel
11th October 2016, 08:08 PM
Cheers Peter, I'm much happier giving it a home other than the tip (sooooooo much wastage in the bulding game) so I have started to find the odd tinkerer that values what we call waste. The builder is happy as he doesn't need to pay to get rid of it, and 10 mins outta my day for delivery is hardly a drama.

Alas matt, I haven't laid any ebony floors recently so no off cuts. ... but you will be be my first call when I do (more to brag about my off cuts than anything else!!)

Mobyturns
12th October 2016, 06:36 AM
Great to see random acts of kindness, gives you hope that there are more good guys in the world than the TV stations would have you believe.