PDA

View Full Version : Fishing floats

Fumbler
15th October 2016, 02:19 AM
Scrap cedar? here is some handy work, helps having a one mate who is a welder and supplies stainless wire, and another champers mad friend who keeps my in constant supply of corks!! once they take them out of the sabrage'd neck (spectacularly sliced off with a bayonet). excellent kids float with some Drummer and Luderick floats also. regular spray can of acrylic clears, lasts for ever an wont discolour.

Christos
16th October 2016, 10:40 PM
Really nice going on the floats. I initially started with this type of float when I first started fishing now I only use this type of float for Luderick.

Fumbler
18th October 2016, 02:09 AM
Thanks, and thanks to all the likes. I am a bit anal with the finishing as just going to get slopped around in the salt water but I haven't had one rot yet. I much prefer the pencil floats, the corks are great for the kids.

Christos
19th October 2016, 11:09 AM
As with every fishing story there has to be one that does something different. I have a friend that mainly uses the round float. Not the large ones but a very small one and he catches more Luderick then I do. I have tried using his setup and even swapped rods but still he gets them. I think he has more patience then me when targeting Luderick.
So swap my setup and target Trevally.

Fumbler
22nd October 2016, 06:17 AM
I have a friend that mainly uses the round float. Not the large ones but a very small one and he catches more Luderick then I do..

I too have a friend who cant believe I kicked his butt 13-7 whilst sing an overhead, unheard of. he said he' never seen it before. Fish don't know what reel your using!! or float for that matter.

Doc58
22nd October 2016, 10:36 AM
Never fished in my life but an nice job on the floats.