PDA

View Full Version : Router Table

gazaly
1st November 2000, 12:49 PM
I have a question aimed at all of those with the Triton Router table.
How do you get around the lack of a sliding mitre gauge. I have found myself a couple of times needing to route on the end grain for various things, and have not come up with any accurate way of doing it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Gazza.

------------------
A cigar a day, keeps Monica at bay!

gazaly
1st November 2000, 01:19 PM
OK I'm going to reply to myself!

Just spoke to Triton about this conundrum. I found out that they a going to release a new, yes new, Roter Table. It will have a sliding mitre gauge, pressure fingers, and a locking system similar to the Sliding Extention Table on the Workbench. Due for release mid to late this month, with a retail of around the $170 mark. Sounds like it should be great!
Even so though, I would still like to here of how others have got around the problem. One that the guy at Triton said some have done was to attach a track to the side of the table.

Cheers again,
Gazza.

------------------

Iain
1st November 2000, 01:32 PM
Gazza, people say asking yourself questions is a sign of insanity, it isn't. When you answer yourself it's still OK. It's when you get the wrong answers it's a problem http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/wink.gif
I just walked in and saw the post and realised that I wouldn't have had time to respond anyway, and, having said that, I couldn't answer your question anyway.
And............whats with the cigars and Monica, have I missed something?

gazaly
1st November 2000, 01:42 PM
Thanks for that useful info Iain, sorry to have missed you a WWW.

Gazza.

[This message has been edited by gazaly (edited 01 November 2000).]

Iain
1st November 2000, 04:27 PM
Monica??

gazaly
1st November 2000, 05:10 PM
Monica and Bill!!

------------------

George
3rd November 2000, 05:32 PM
I recently routed rebates into the endgrain of 260mm wide pine shelves. I just lined the router table fence up with the bearing, closed the gap in the fence to the minimum possible and used a relatively wide push block to back up the workpiece and reference against the fence. The resulting rebate was more than satisfactory.

You could also make a sled with a baton underneath that references against the edge of the table.

I'd like to see the new triton table but it would have to be pretty special to justify $170 for an upgrade.

Al Burdon
19th November 2000, 05:40 PM
Make 'h' section from aluminium channel and right angle. drill holes to match bolts on table side and file into slots. Make 'T' square or any jig to suit 'U' channel and of you go. Any problems sing out or I can send a photo.

Kevan
19th November 2000, 08:14 PM
Al,
I'm interested in your design but can't quite picture it in my head. What do mean about making an "h". A photo would be great if you could.
Thanks
Kevan
[email protected]

Kerry Blue
29th November 2000, 03:08 PM
Hi Al.

I'd also like the info re your modification. Pls email me at
[email protected]
Thanks, Kerry

Hoffy
29th November 2000, 05:40 PM
Hi Al
I also would like a photo

[email protected]

Many thanks

Keith

Garry Szakacs
30th November 2000, 01:47 PM
Hi Al.

I'd also like the info re your modification. Pls email me at
[email protected]

Thanks, Garry

John Saxton
30th November 2000, 07:37 PM
Bloody hell Al,you can make money here by the looks of it!!!!