PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mountains FGT #7 - Sunday 20th Nov - All welcome

Pages : [1] 2 3

FenceFurniture
22nd October 2016, 12:26 AM
G'day all

Been a while since the last one - fully 12 months! (*a direct quote from last year)

The seventh BM GTG will be on Sunday 20nd November from 10.00am.

FORUM GET TOGETHER:

Sunday 20nd November
from 10.00 until we run out of yak (the verbal kind)
Bring what you want to eat, or you can share in Thai/Chinese as we did last time (it's been working well)
This time we'll be catering......but there's a small catch :D
THE BBQ WILL NOT BE IS ACTIVE AGAIN, but it's only a little fella
BYO liquids, although we could probably supply drinking water
Bring a collapsible chair (although don't worry if you are coming by train)
Regardless of your local weather, bring a jacket or similar, even though it's November (we've been known to have a fire going on Xmas Day - and not for cooking)

As usual there will be no theme, but maybe you want to bring a small tool or two for Show & Tell. Something that's hard to get, rare, super-useful, or that you have made yourself.

SELL & TRADE TABLE If you've got something you want to trade or sell then bring it along.

We will supply:

Coffee & Tea
An address (I'll send a PM in due course)
Lunch, unless you have special requirements

Re lunch:
I will be pre-cooking 2-3 different things which are suitable for nuking up to speed. This will include:
Bert's special and unique 5 Spice Chicken (BBQed).
Bert's *nearly* special, but maybe not-so-unique-coz-it-comes-from-a-jar, fairly spicy fish (prolly Barra). If you like it hot, or hotter there will be Tobasco to hand
Summink else that I'm happy to take advice on (ummm, that means you can suggest the third choice)
Rice
Salad (very 'erby)

Now you may well wonder at this new-found largess in providing lunch. :? This should be regarded as a possibly, probably, maybe (I've been watching too much Trump) once-off act of lunacy that could, without knowing the full facts, be interpreted as a bribe, but definitely, not ever, not a snowball's chance in Hades, likely to be repeated. It is in fact not a bribe at all, but....... more a contra...... fee for services rendered. That is to say: no service no eat :D. Exceptions can be extended to those in plaster casts, or those with an authenticated note from SWMBO or Mum, whomever is the easiest pushover. Some of you....look just don't even bother trying the note-getout-thing, OK? Nick - hearing me?

The thing is that I've just built a woodstore (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f245/wood-storage-shed-209090) shed, and it needs filling. No, no, no, I'm not looking for timber donations, the timber is already here. It just happens to be under the hoose, possibly 30 metres, or so....and so....from the woodstore. Now there's only 3-4 cube under there, and no more than 20 sticks of super-dense 4x2 (" not mm) hardwood in excess of 1.5m, and bloody heaps some <1.5m. Don't be concerned about profiles or weight - such trifling matters are not relevant to woodophiles - it's all about the figure, and what you think will fit in your boot.

To be completely honest, I can't think of a better bonding session for 20-30 woodophiles than ogling, fondling and passing my timber down the definitely-not-more-than-40m-chain-which-does-NOT-BLOODY-END-AT-YOUR-CAR-BOOT. Oh yeah, sure it'll save me days of back breaking work, but that is hardly the motive. I like my woodie pals Titebonded.

Should it be that you have children, partners, or anything else useful (with opposing thumb and forefinger - mutated dogs welcome) that has the build of Arnie, but the stature of a child, then they are absolutely welcome to a double helping of lunch. They'll also be welcome to spend their free time down't'mine oonder 'oose where there's knaff all head room not as much height as would be considered very comfortable, in polite society.

Nah, seriously (?) I reckon 30-45 minutes will kill it......and......

Cheers
Brett

Pat
22nd October 2016, 05:29 AM
So no timber to boot, but no mention of any prohibition of timber to other parts of a car. I might have to wander up and cause some mayhem :)

NCArcher
22nd October 2016, 07:19 AM
I'm in.
Never say no to a wood shed fillin'.
However, I may have to just watch as I'm still a bit scared of the weird guy that lives under your house and I've just taken up the violin and I need to protect my hands.

Uncle Al
22nd October 2016, 08:19 AM
I was involved in logistics in a previous life, so I could lend some supervisory advice with regards to stacking etc.
From experience, start at the top of the first pile under the house and start at the bottom of the new pile down the backyard would probably be the best line of attack.
Oh, and I have a station wagon which technically doesn't have a boot, so some negotiations could be entered into!
See ya on the 20st.
Alan...

crowie
22nd October 2016, 11:43 AM
Sounds good, but must check with the social secretary....

Simplicity
22nd October 2016, 08:34 PM
I need to check work diary extras it's a 50/50 chance.
But Brett after reading that who would not want to be there.
I mean really !!
I would not bother turning up to my knighting ceremony if the dates clashed [emoji3]

Cheers Matt

Pat
22nd October 2016, 08:51 PM
Mayhem confirmed :))

FenceFurniture
22nd October 2016, 09:42 PM
I need to check work diary extras it's a 50/50 chance.That would be excellent Matt! See if you can round up some other Mexicans - it'll make the journey quicker and easier.

Gabriel
22nd October 2016, 10:10 PM
See if you can round up some other Mexicans - it'll make the journey quicker and easier.

Have they not built that wall everyone was talking about yet?

FenceFurniture
22nd October 2016, 10:14 PM
Have they not built that wall everyone was talking about yet?No because you buggers refuse to pay for it. Dunno why.

Simplicity
22nd October 2016, 10:23 PM
Have they not built that wall everyone was talking about yet?

I here Brett's got plenty of timber
Could we build it from timber

Greg Ward
23rd October 2016, 06:52 AM
Sorry again, this time have a wedding in China, Hope to make the next one
Greg

wheelinround
23rd October 2016, 09:12 AM
Have fun gents these days bit to far to travel ye yeh ok Bushmiller can do it and he's just a tad further north/west, maybe if I was still driving.:roll:

I see you warned of the weather Brett but not the Joe Blakes under the house being mating season I pity who ever the crawler is on point duty. Maybe a good pair of overalls and PPE plus snake pole could come in handy.

Anyone ever charmed a snake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aln-38ybMgk

WARNING Graphic content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_9IHXvGrQ

Personally it would be the Arachnids sneaky little bastkets

Sawdust Maker
23rd October 2016, 06:30 PM
I'll wander up if I can cadge a lift :D

Sawdust Maker
23rd October 2016, 06:35 PM
No because you buggers refuse to pay for it. Dunno why.

OK
can everyone donate a brick?

doug3030
23rd October 2016, 08:58 PM
Bad timing Brett. A week earlier and I could have come back from Canberra the long way. We will be in Canberra for an event in conjunction with Remembrance Day. We will be there for the week of Remembrance Day and I will probably make it to the Canberra TWWW Show. Its a bit of a stretch to hang around another week to take the long way home.

Cheers

Doug

62woollybugger
23rd October 2016, 10:58 PM
I should be able to make it & I'm even prepared to crawl under the house with whatever wildlife lives there.

FenceFurniture
24th October 2016, 12:00 AM
Its a bit of a stretch to hang around another week to take the long way home. Just spin up for a 3 day weekend with Matt & maybe Dave, and maybe some other moustachioed types. (I take it you still look the part :;)

Glider
24th October 2016, 12:47 PM
Great! See you there Brett.

Now where did I put those old leather gloves? Any Redbacks under the house?

mick

Simplicity
24th October 2016, 08:31 PM
OMG
We are coming(please book two places for Sally and Matt)
But only if I stop going on about world domination.
Asking and pestering for a two headed pink pony for Xmas with a satanic clown ridding it
Or an anatomically correct evil barbie doll .
So if I behave myself(so so boring)
We're there OMG ..
The Victoria's are coming ...

Cheers Matt

FenceFurniture
24th October 2016, 08:56 PM
OMG We are coming(please book two places for Sally and Matt)Groovy! There is only room for two sleepers-over, unless you like games, so I guess you're first dibs?

It's a small house Matt, and essentially only one bedroom, so the sleeping quarters are the lounge room (which is really the main bedroom) I have a double mattress in the attic which can go on the floor, or there is a single fold up bed, which means one of you has to double decker - take your pick (and if the single job, who will be on top?).

Be aware that Dave has slept in the single bed, and one other person, but I am assured that no gas was passed by either.

At a pinch we can house another person under the Dining room table (it's 2100 long) and I suppose we could even get another brave soul actually on the table - provided they aren't scared of heights and aren't prone to falling out of bed. :D

There may be some floor space liberated in the attic for another body or two, but there's a little problem with that. Access is from our bedroom, and as we all know, hot air rises........and one of us snores like a non-segmented-head 3 Phase jointer. Not sayin' who because the proponent is a Black Belt (really). :innocent:

Simplicity
24th October 2016, 09:25 PM
Groovy! There is only room for two sleepers-over, unless you like games, so I guess you're first dibs?

It's a small house Matt, and essentially only one bedroom, so the sleeping quarters are the lounge room (which is really the main bedroom) I have a double mattress in the attic which can go on the floor, or there is a single fold up bed, which means one of you has to double decker - take your pick (and if the single job, who will be on top?).

Be aware that Dave has slept in the single bed, and one other person, but I am assured that no gas was passed by either.

At a pinch we can house another person under the Dining room table (it's 2100 long) and I suppose we could even get another brave soul actually on the table - provided they aren't scared of heights and aren't prone to falling out of bed. :D

There may be some floor space liberated in the attic for another body or two, but there's a little problem with that. Access is from our bedroom, and as we all know, hot air rises........and one of us snores like a non-segmented-head 3 Phase jointer. Not sayin' who because the proponent is a Black Belt (really). :innocent:

Brett,
That is a very gracious offer and I'm humbled.
But we are going to make it a mini road trip and will book a motel near by.
If you can recommend anything that would be awesome.
Also ,if you can tell me we're all the good junk shops are the ones with a Stanley number 1 for $20 bucks that would be great .I've got $23.70 saved in pocket money coming.
Or any zoos selling two headed ponies would be great to.

Looking forward to it .
Cheers Matt

Bushmiller
24th October 2016, 09:46 PM
Should it be that you have children, partners, or anything else useful (with opposing thumb and forefinger - mutated dogs welcome) that has the build of Arnie, but the stature of a child, then they are absolutely welcome to a double helping of lunch. They'll also be welcome to spend their free time down't'mine oonder 'oose where there's knaff all head room not as much height as would be considered very comfortable, in polite society.

Cheers
Brett

Umm. This is reminiscent of Pome land in the 19th century. However I'm not sure you want a "black dwarf" (which as you clearly know was a reality both in child slave labour as well as an underground publication) as a wooden gnome. :rolleyes:

It looks as though I might be able to come along as I have a trip planned for the Hunter Valley and I can coincide the times.

I wondered if there would be any interest amongst the Luddites and masochists in participating in the "saw-off" which is intended,but not guaranteed, to settle the question of whether to file crosscut saws straight across or with sloped gullets.

It occurred to me that we might be able to cut up some of Brett's timber: To save taking it all down to the shed.

Any how Brett, if you think the idea has some merit, please give it your blessing and then ask others to put their hands up to become testers. The very enthusiastic among you can bypass Brett and just put your hand up. You should also consider bringing your own lunch.

If you missed the thread ( I find this really hard to countenance) you can read about the concept here:

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f152/sloped-gullets-207600

The saws have been basically sharpened and only need their final tune up.

Of course this exercise may interfere with other important items on the agenda so if that is the case I won't pursue the matter, but seeing as how we will have a good number of enthusiastic and talented woodworkers in one, elevated, place it seems like too good an opportunity to miss.

Regards
Paul

fletty
24th October 2016, 09:51 PM
Bugger, bugger, bugger.....
Sorry FF, can't make it this time, I will be driving back from Boambee but too late to get to you on the day.
I will be 'up the mountains' later in the year so will hopefully see you both then?
Have a great time folks!
fletty

Bushmiller
24th October 2016, 09:52 PM

Who was the other person that slept with Dave? Actually, I don't really want to know; I just want to make sure it wasn't me.:-

Regards
Paul

fletty
24th October 2016, 09:56 PM
Add another 'bugger'
Sorry Bushmiller, I was going to ask if you would be home at the time you will apparently be savouring the Hunter.

fletty

PS, when in the Hunter, please try Krinklewood Wines. It's close to Broke ...... in a geographic sense?

Bushmiller
24th October 2016, 10:20 PM
Add another 'bugger'
Sorry Bushmiller, I was going to ask if you would be home at the time you will apparently be savouring the Hunter.

fletty
PS, when in the Hunter, please try Krinklewood Wines. It's close to Broke ...... in a geographic sense?

Fletty

You wouldn't believe it. My social calendar is almost non existent for thirteen months out of the year and on the fourteenth month.....

Perhaps you can PM me to let me know when you would have been around. Boambee is still a fair drive from Millmerran.

I will make a note of the wine. That's not how I will end up is it? Broke? But happy.

Regards
Paul

fletty
24th October 2016, 10:39 PM
Fletty

You wouldn't believe it. My social calendar is almost non existent for thirteen months out of the year and on the fourteenth month.....

Perhaps you can PM me to let me know when you would have been around. Boambee is still a fair drive from Millmerran.

I will make a note of the wine. That's not how I will end up is it? Broke? But happy.

Regards
Paul

I'm away for a bit over a week starting and finishing at my daughter's place in Boambee. In between I'm delivering furniture (commissioned cabinet and love job chairs) and doing a forum 'mates run' into Southern QLD. The forum express rides again!
Re the GTG, I'll get a few of you to make just a little more noise and no-one will know I'm missing?
fletty

NCArcher
24th October 2016, 10:53 PM
Re the GTG, I'll get a few of you to make just a little more noise and no-one will know I'm missing?
fletty

Someone is going to have to drink the red as well. I will volunteer for that bit, seeing as I won't be able to carry any timber on account of my habit of spontaneously combusting when contacting tallowood. :shrug:

shanesmith80
25th October 2016, 07:19 AM
G'day all.

Looks like as good of excuse as any to take the day off work, I'm in.

Might have to dig out the ankle brace again.

Cheers
Shane

FenceFurniture
25th October 2016, 08:34 AM
Any how Brett, if you think the idea has some merit, please give it your blessing and then ask others to put their hands up to become testers.Sounds good Paul. I suggest that the material to be sawn should be shot guns for two reasons: it would be softer than my Tallow Wood and I can then use them to hold pikers like Shane and NCA to ransom.

Sloped Gullets? Does eating lunch in a semi-reclined position count?

FenceFurniture
25th October 2016, 08:39 AM
In between I'm delivering furniture (commissioned cabinet and love job chairs) and doing a forum 'mates run' into Southern QLD. The forum express rides again!
fletty[/QUOTE]

Bugger, bugger, bugger.....
Sorry FF, can't make it this time,a great time folks!
I'm away for a bit over a week starting and finishing at my daughter's place in Boambee.Yes, bugger! Start the trip a day earlier?

Who was the other person that slept with Dave?Nursie.

orraloon
25th October 2016, 10:41 AM
An offer I can't refuse. I'll be there.
Regards
John

FenceFurniture
25th October 2016, 11:22 AM
An offer I can't refuse. I'll be there.No need to bring your chair John - it's still here. Actually it was the main reason I had to build the storage shed.

DaveTTC
25th October 2016, 09:24 PM
I'll be there in spirit

Dave TTC
Turning Wood Into Art

Simplicity
25th October 2016, 09:39 PM
I'll be there in spirit

Dave TTC
Turning Wood Into Art

Are you sending your sprit level

Bushmiller
26th October 2016, 07:28 AM
Or Dave's "tinny" so he can be on an even keel.

Regards
Paul

Bushmiller
26th October 2016, 07:33 AM
Sounds good Paul. I suggest that the material to be sawn should be shot guns for two reasons: it would be softer than my Tallow Wood and I can then use them to hold pikers like Shane and NCA to ransom.

Perhaps we could contact the government and see if they have any stocks left over from the proposed amnesty. I am not convinced they would initimidate Shane and NCA however.

"Sloped Gullets? Does eating lunch in a semi-reclined position count?" That would be a relaxed rake not a sloped gullet.

Regards
Paul

Bushmiller
26th October 2016, 10:32 PM
I'm doing my very best not to hijack Brett's thread, but I thought this might be a good time to mention that if there is some interest I have some items to bring along.

Firstly I have some boards made of that chopping board type material. I have forgotten the name it goes by. It is a series of initials (first one is a "P") but I just call it polypropylene, which is probably incorrect.

These boards have some holes in them. These are mainly large and threaded. They currently have a plug in them that is easily unscrewed, but are in the corners. In other words they could be cut off and there is still a fairly handsome piece of board remaining: Much bigger than a kitchen chopping board. The dimensions are as follows:

950mm x 440mm x 45mm
850mm x 440mm x 33mm
850mm x 440mm x 12mm

Then I have some stainless steel rods in extremely good nick.

1625mm x 25mm (may be 1" I have to double check) Threaded BSF one end for 165mm. The other end threaded BSF for 65mm.

580mm x 19mm (probably 3/4") Threaded (UNC) for 25mm at each end

I have brass nuts to suit the 1" rod and copper nuts to suit the 3/4" rod.

Lastly I have what I originally thought was stainless steel plate. However I realised that the plate was only heavy, not bloody heavy. It should have weighed around 160Kg+, but only notched up 56Kg on my ex bathroom scales.

It is in fact aluminium plate. Again it has large holes in the corners and some other holes some threaded in other positions. To my mind it would make an extremely good surface plate and the holes could be useful for clamping

The dimensions:

975mm x 570mm x 38mm and heavy (but not totally unmanageable).

If there is interest I will post some pix. On request I can bring something along to the GTG. Clearly most of these items are not ideal for posting. I will be putting them up for sale in the Marketplace at some stage.

I believe the stainless rods would suit those of you looking to make up bench vices. I can cut the lengths and I may be able to extend the thread length too as I am in the process of sourcing suitable die nuts for the two sizes.

The poly is the sort of material that dummy fences are made from for your saw and router tables and is very easily cut and machined.

I don't think it is appropriate to post prices here, but suffice to say that the range is between $10 and $50 for the individual items. PM me if you would like further details.

Regards
Paul

PS: I'll have some saws for sale too for those of you who want to do some work in the evenings but are too considerate of the neighbours and also for those of you who thrive on hard work :D .

Sawdust Maker
26th October 2016, 10:33 PM
I've been talking with NCA and he's a bit upset about the general disbelief in his justifiable aversion to tallowood

Bushmiller
26th October 2016, 10:38 PM
Nick

Perhaps you should suggest to him, tactfully of course, that it might be better if he does not put his hand up for the saw experiment. We don't want him all cut up about it.

Regards
Paul

fletty
26th October 2016, 10:45 PM
I've been talking with NCA and he's a bit upset about the general disbelief in his justifiable aversion to tallowood

I never doubted it for one moment! I have the same reaction to rosewood and I've been working with it today thankfully with no..................oops.... :firedevil:

fletty
26th October 2016, 11:14 PM
Firstly I have some boards made of that chopping board type material. I have forgotten the name it goes by. It is a series of initials (first one is a "P") but I just call it polypropylene, which is probably incorrect.

PUHMWP?
I guess that would be Paul's Ultra High Molecular Weight Polypropylene :doh:

FenceFurniture
26th October 2016, 11:26 PM
I've been talking with NCA and he's a bit upset about the general disbelief in his justifiable aversion to tallowoodTell 'im to reee-lax. TW is already down there. Saving the sharp edged (dressed) FRG for him.

I have brass nutsGood show. Cold weather isn't quite finished here yet.

wheelinround
26th October 2016, 11:47 PM
I'm doing my very best not to hijack Brett's thread, but I thought this might be a good time to mention that if there is some interest I have some items to bring along.

These boards have some holes in them. These are mainly large and threaded. They currently have a plug in them that is easily unscrewed, but are in the corners. In other words they could be cut off and there is still a fairly handsome piece of board remaining: Much bigger than a kitchen chopping board. The dimensions are as follows:

950mm x 440mm x 45mm
850mm x 440mm x 33mm
850mm x 440mm x 12mm

Then I have some stainless steel rods in extremely good nick.

1625mm x 25mm (may be 1" I have to double check) Threaded BSF one end for 165mm. The other end threaded BSF for 65mm.

580mm x 19mm (probably 3/4") Threaded (UNC) for 25mm at each end

I have brass nuts to suit the 1" rod and copper nuts to suit the 3/4" rod.

Lastly I have what I originally thought was stainless steel plate. However I realised that the plate was only heavy, not bloody heavy. It should have weighed around 160Kg+, but only notched up 56Kg on my ex bathroom scales.

It is in fact aluminium plate. Again it has large holes in the corners and some other holes some threaded in other positions. To my mind it would make an extremely good surface plate and the holes could be useful for clamping

The dimensions:

975mm x 570mm x 38mm and heavy (but not totally unmanageable).

If there is interest I will post some pix. On request I can bring something along to the GTG. Clearly most of these items are not ideal for posting. I will be putting them up for sale in the Marketplace at some stage.

I believe the stainless rods would suit those of you looking to make up bench vices. I can cut the lengths and I may be able to extend the thread length too as I am in the process of sourcing suitable die nuts for the two sizes.

The poly is the sort of material that dummy fences are made from for your saw and router tables and is very easily cut and machined.

I don't think it is appropriate to post prices here, but suffice to say that the range is between $10 and $50 for the individual items. PM me if you would like further details.

Regards
Paul

PS: I'll have some saws for sale too for those of you who want to do some work in the evenings but are too considerate of the neighbours and also for those of you who thrive on hard work :D .

Thats best BM no pics please or I'll :C some good stuff there and its heading south.

Pat
27th October 2016, 03:54 AM
Paul, I am interested in the 45mm thick piece of UHMW . . .

Christos
27th October 2016, 05:16 AM
I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make this one.

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 07:48 AM
PUHMWP?
I guess that would be Paul's Ultra High Molecular Weight Polypropylene :doh:

Yes. That's the one. I knew it began with a "P." ( I may have been thinking of thread tape :- .)

It does end with a "P." Dyslexia rules KO.

Regards
Paul

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 07:56 AM
Paul, I am interested in the 45mm thick piece of UHMW . . .

Pat

I will send a PM. Pix to follow sometime today when I get my proverbial derriere into gear.

Don't worry Wheelin'. There are about 6 pieces of each size and if you are unable to resist temptation I expect some arrangement could be made.

Regards
Paul

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 08:01 AM
Simplicity

I tried to reply to your PM but it looks like you have exceeded your storage limit. All good in principle.

Regards
Paul

Simplicity
27th October 2016, 08:44 AM
Simplicity

I tried to reply to your PM but it looks like you have exceeded your storage limit. All good in principle.

Regards
Paul

Sorry Paul
In box now empty

Heavansabove
27th October 2016, 08:59 AM
Thanks Brett, I will be there

Cheers
Peter

wheelinround
27th October 2016, 09:51 AM
Pat

I will send a PM. Pix to follow sometime today when I get my proverbial derriere into gear.

Don't worry Wheelin'. There are about 6 pieces of each size and if you are unable to resist temptation I expect some arrangement could be made.

Regards
Paul

Paul thanks I just came back on to pm you regarding that poly plate 45mm one but Pat has snapped that and the alloy plate.
Could I pls put my name to the 33mm poly stuff and the alloy plate?
This depends on $$

How many of those Stainless rods have you got? 1" preferred.

ochaye
27th October 2016, 10:39 AM
I'll be there too

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 10:41 AM
Wheelin'

Don't fret that Pat has beaten you to the punch. I have six of each size of the aluminium and poly plates.

However I have 36 of the 1" steel rods. Will that be enough? :D

PM me again if interested and I can give you some prices.

Regards
Paul

FenceFurniture
27th October 2016, 11:30 AM
Gentlemen, if you wish to conduct business can I suggest you bugger off and do it by PM? Paul's initial post is fine, but no need for public discussion in this thread please.

hiroller
27th October 2016, 01:54 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

Sawdust Maker
27th October 2016, 04:59 PM
boo

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 07:21 PM
Apologies Brett

I should have grabbed hold of that problem straight away. I am prepared to carry two extra lengths of Tallow wood to compensate. Perhaps NCA's bits. :)

Regards
Paul

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 07:22 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

That's a shame. It was my shout if I remember correctly.

Regards
Paul

NCArcher
27th October 2016, 07:40 PM
Apologies Brett

I am prepared to carry two extra lengths of Tallow wood to compensate. Perhaps NCA's bits. :)

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, that would be great.
I am a bit of a perfectionist though so I will have to give you some instruction on the correct way to carry the TW to the storage shed before I can let you proceed. I will also need to monitor your progress closely.
Can't have Brett saying I did a s$#t job. :D

FenceFurniture
27th October 2016, 08:01 PM
I am prepared to carry two extra lengths of Tallow wood to compensate. Perhaps NCA's bits. :)

Thanks Paul, that would be great.
I am a bit of a perfectionist though so I will have to give you some instruction on the correct way to carry the TW to the storage shed before I can let you proceed. I will also need to monitor your progress closely.
Can't have Brett saying I did a s$#t job. :D

Why you no wissen?

Tell 'im to reee-lax. TW is already down there. Saving the sharp edged (dressed) FRG for him.

However, I may just have 11 cubes of topsoil to be barrowed in from the front.......

Bushmiller
27th October 2016, 08:10 PM
That's it then. If I can't carry the Tallow Wood I'm not interested. Half a tick, would that be the Tallow Wood I have already carried twice?

:D

Regards
Paul

NCArcher
27th October 2016, 08:22 PM
Yep, that's the stuff. We've already carted that across half the country. :doh:

DaveTTC
27th October 2016, 08:36 PM
Im gonna miss a good weekend it seems

Dave TTC
Turning Wood Into Art

FenceFurniture
27th October 2016, 09:07 PM
I'm going to put some timber up for sale too. Will sort it out in the coming days and post a thread in the market place, with links.

Sawdust Maker
27th October 2016, 09:50 PM
I'm going to put some timber up for sale too. Will sort it out in the coming days and post a thread in the market place, with links.

You're selling timber? what is the world coming to? Cor blimey

FenceFurniture
27th October 2016, 10:46 PM
You're selling timber?Yes, but not until you've carted it down and up at least a couple of times.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th October 2016, 11:23 PM
Was gonna offer the use of an industrial chipper to get it down the hill real fast, wind willing... but I suspect that may lower the retail value.

:think:

You did say you were building a new veggie patch? How're you off for mulch? :innocent:

Sawdust Maker
28th October 2016, 07:37 AM
Ah I see that the thought police have struck.

Bushmiller
28th October 2016, 08:10 AM
Mmm. Looking forward to George Orwell's sequel to 1984. By my reckoning it will be entitled 2061 or possibly if publication is delayed again, it could be 2071. Probably penned by Eric van Lustbader (Oooh, is lust allowed :? ) so the action may move along a trifle quicker than the 1948 original.

Regards
Paul

ubeaut
28th October 2016, 10:22 AM
Ah I see that the thought police have struck.

If you reply with garbage, it will end up in the rubbish bin where it belongs.... with the rest of the garbage.

Even in disguise (as it was), it's still rubbish and not acceptable.

Neil :~

Sawdust Maker
28th October 2016, 07:51 PM
:doh:

Ross
29th October 2016, 07:24 AM
You're selling timber? what is the world coming to? Cor blimey

What else is he going to do with it?

FenceFurniture
29th October 2016, 07:43 AM
What else is he going to do with it?Turn it into dust so I can post it to Pac Man.

FenceFurniture
30th October 2016, 03:54 PM
Ok, I've kicked off my timber sales thread (for your consideration to pu timber at the FGT):
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f275/forest-red-gum-slabs-5-a-209678#post1986184

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f275/fiddleback-mango-slabs-7-a-209679
(http://www.woodworkforums.com/f275/fiddleback-mango-slabs-7-a-209679)
There is much more to come including:

Huon Pine slabs (5) including one very large one (2100 long)
Huon offcuts (good for toys)
Camphor Laurel billets
Raintree turning blanks
Aust. Red Cedar blanks
She Oak Billets
Mango root small slabs & billets
Needlewood Pen Blanks
Rosewood billets
Zebrawood wide board offcuts
Jarrah wide board offcuts
Hairy Oak boards

but the weather has closed in, so no more pics today.

They will be in separate threads, but you can certainly advise of your interest in any of the above (by PM please).

Simplicity
30th October 2016, 06:01 PM
Sally and myself are looking forward to the GTG.
But ,I am now ,concerned if I will have my wallet confiscated before arrival.
Will there be other forms of payment available.[emoji3]?

Cheers Matt.

FenceFurniture
30th October 2016, 06:43 PM
Matt, if you're talking about timber you can always buy it out of the thread, pay by Direct Deposit and take it home with you. That way your wallet is safe. :D

Simplicity
30th October 2016, 06:47 PM
Matt, if you're talking about timber you can always buy it out of the thread, pay by Direct Deposit and take it home with you. That way your wallet is safe. :D

Except !!
She does all the banking.
I have no hope.
I will start pestering her now she gives in some times.(8 hours of can I buy some timber should do it in a confined space ie car)[emoji3]

FenceFurniture
30th October 2016, 08:55 PM
It looks as though I might be able to come along as I have a trip planned for the Hunter Valley and I can coincide the times.Paul, does that mean you are laying claim to the so far ungassed fold up bed?

Are you able to get hold of any more of those excellent Epicor 20 litre drums with lids? I have a few, and they've all been used used (two for short timber storage, one for 25kg of Epsom Salts) and with the vege garden approaching completion before the end of the millennium I think I may need another few (lemme see - chicken manure, esp if I run some chookies, current supply of Dynamic Lifter, Lime, Blood & Bone, and a couple of spares - 5 all up, nah better make it 8 :D).

Maybe another donation thing happening?

Sawdust Maker
31st October 2016, 05:06 PM
Hey NCA
do you have roof racks on the car (just in case I want to help Brett out with his wood supply issue!)

Bushmiller
31st October 2016, 05:43 PM
Brett

Thanks for the offer of accommodation, but I will probably just make a long day of it and travel back and forth the same day.

I can bring up as many drums with lids as you or indeed anybody else wish. As before I pay $2.00 each for them from work and it is all donated to the Careflight helicopter except that I think they had a name change recently.

Just be sure to let me know in good time so I can grab the drums.

Regards
Paul

Sawdust Maker
31st October 2016, 07:17 PM
2 drums please and I've a story re a film crew about the last lot you brought down

FenceFurniture
31st October 2016, 07:23 PM
Hey NCA
do you have roof racks on the car (just in case I want to help Brett out with his wood supply issue!)

Car won't fit down the side, and it's not that long a walk....

FenceFurniture
31st October 2016, 07:26 PM
I can bring up as many drums with lids as you or indeed anybody else wish.Bewdy.

So that's
Me 8
SM 2

Anyone else?

NCArcher
31st October 2016, 07:40 PM
2 for me too...two...to...II :shrug:

Pac man
31st October 2016, 07:46 PM
Two drums also please

FenceFurniture
31st October 2016, 08:04 PM
Two drums also pleaseOk, so you're coming then?

Pac man
31st October 2016, 08:33 PM
Potentially only to pick up the drums or bring my own lunch:D

Sawdust Maker
31st October 2016, 08:57 PM
Potentially only to pick up the drums or bring my own lunch:D

:2tsup:

meuls69
31st October 2016, 09:17 PM
Hi FF, long time invitee first time in a position to attend, I am looking forward to it.

Bushmiller
31st October 2016, 09:28 PM
OK

That's, so far, drums as follows:

FF - 8
SM - 2 (I like a good story )
PM - 2
NCA - 2

Regards
Paul

FenceFurniture
31st October 2016, 09:34 PM
Potentially only to pick up the drums or bring my own lunch:DOh man, that is soooooo p.weak :roflmao2:

NCArcher
1st November 2016, 09:21 AM
Hey Paul, can you bring some lunch for me? And I will get you to carry my drums to the car. On account of the damage to my arms from the recent crocodile attack.

Pac man
1st November 2016, 09:34 AM
Sorry Tony but my arms are painted on

62woollybugger
1st November 2016, 09:55 PM
Brett

Thanks for the offer of accommodation, but I will probably just make a long day of it and travel back and forth the same day.

I can bring up as many drums with lids as you or indeed anybody else wish. As before I pay $2.00 each for them from work and it is all donated to the Careflight helicopter except that I think they had a name change recently.

Just be sure to let me know in good time so I can grab the drums.

Regards
Paul

What sort of drums are these? Are they suitable for fitting with a small dust cyclone? If so, bring 2 along for me please.

FenceFurniture
1st November 2016, 10:49 PM
What sort of drums are these? Are they suitable for fitting with a small dust cyclone? If so, bring 2 along for me please.Yeah I reckon, they're about 20 litres.

NCArcher
1st November 2016, 11:22 PM
This type of thing

Bushmiller
2nd November 2016, 06:54 AM
Woolley

Brett and Tony are pretty much spot on with their descriptions. The lid is air tight with a rubber "O" ring. In fact I have used one with a home made cyclone, although the cyclone is primitive with a very large funnel for the cyclone. This is just on my vacuum cleaner dust collection (not the full blown dusty).

Regards
Paul

62woollybugger
2nd November 2016, 09:40 AM
Woolley

Brett and Tony are pretty much spot on with their descriptions. The lid is air tight with a rubber "O" ring. In fact I have used one with a home made cyclone, although the cyclone is primitive with a very large funnel for the cyclone. This is just on my vacuum cleaner dust collection (not the full blown dusty).

Regards
Paul

Thanks, better bring me 4 if you can, as I can think of a few more uses for them.