PDA

View Full Version : 2 plumbing ?

dzcook
30th August 2005, 11:09 PM
have spent 2 hrs this avro trying to fix a leak in the toilet the repalcenment for the ball cock a fluidmaster system is letting the water flow with out stoping when the tank is full have tried a new valve but the water still flows do i need to replace the whole thing as just wont stop no matter where u move the float to

2nd ? is mainly because of a earlier post on hot water have a large newish electric hot water service but have found that when u turn on the hot water the water has good pressure and a good temp over 50 but as soon as u touch the cold water the hot water drops off just setting the temp to something u can use takes minutes there is s till hot water flowing just drops to luke warm as s oon as any cold starts at monent have to have the hot fully on and the cold moved about a 1/8 of a turn to have a decent warm shower hard to explain but maybe someone has a idea out there whats happening

the house has old gal mains pipes could this be a part of the
problem pressure is fine from all taps

thks as always david

Tools
31st August 2005, 07:16 PM
If you pull the float up manually and it still keeps running,it is either not put together correctly,or there is something blocking the valve...a bit of dislodged rust maybe

Tools

Jacksin
31st August 2005, 07:29 PM
In the instructions I think you will find they are most particular about gunk getting into the water line (connector) which ends up in the valve.

Personally I dont like Fluidmaster valves and wont use them. I always use Quietflow by Caroma, a little dearer but a whole lot better IMHO
Jack