PDA

View Full Version : 10HB sliding table attachment

Wild Dingo
30th August 2005, 11:55 PM
Now I'll be the first to admit Ive had some probs recieving my gear from the "amazing" Timbecon mob over here... not entirely their fault... but...

I recieved the sliding accessory for the 10HB table saw... I bought {the attachment not the saw :rolleyes: } at the Perth Wood show on this Saturday just gone... and amazingly there were absolutely NO instructions for puttin the ruddy thing together! talk about mass confusion :eek: :mad:

Anyway after a yarn with me wee mate Stewey at Timbecon here in Perth he raced out the back slapped one together and zapped me some pics of the thing made up {note have a good trip to Canberra mate}

Suddenly that mess of bolts poles twisty turny thingymajigs seemed to make sence!

So if anyones havin probs with puttin the sliding table attachment onto their table saw let me know and I will forward the email to you... for the same price it cost me... ala gratis ;)

I would post the pics but Im on the other computer just now an me cameras in the other room an this computer doesnt have the ruddy software on it so I cant do it just now... if theres interest I will set it up and post them... ah buggar it I will do it tomorrow for yer! :cool:

Harry72
31st August 2005, 11:54 PM
Ok where's dem piccys?

Dean
1st September 2005, 12:46 AM
I'm assuming this is the smaller sliding table, and not the larger model that handles full size sheets (as sold by Carbatec WA)?

Pete J
1st September 2005, 01:44 AM
Dear Wild,

I'm with Dean in this - -
Which sliding attachment are you referring to??

Regards

Wild Dingo
2nd September 2005, 08:22 PM
Dont know about Carbetecs model... this ones table is about 2ft square and you take of the left wing to attach it?
Will post some pics later! Busy stackin timber just now

Dean
2nd September 2005, 10:31 PM
It's probably not this one then:
http://www.gtp.com.au/cgi-bin/icommerce3/order/formclassic.cgi?file=woodstock&display=495&id=MS-ST

Pete J
3rd September 2005, 12:23 AM
Busy stackin timber just now

Yes mate - saw that timber acquisition via another thread - but even a few words would do - to what sliding attachment are you referring?

Wild Dingo
3rd September 2005, 02:17 AM
Pete... I wasnt bein smart there I was kinda busy and thought Id given a fair amount of info to begin with :rolleyes:

Anyway a few words? rightio...

The table attachment and all its bits turned up a week late and delivered not to my door as expected and told they would but the roadhouse 3 days previously... although I was told that they were DEFINANTLY were at the showroom where I went when I left the woodshow and were they DEFINANLY WERE NOT... when I finally got it and unpacked it it was without any instructions whatever!! Nothing just a mess of bolts and metal bits poles and stuff...

What Ive since recieved is
1) photos of one setup in Timbecons shop
2) a page of the breakdown of the setup (titled page 15!!)
3) I now have enough info to be able to set it up without any more problems
4) the info SHOULD have come with the damned table attachment!

The table saw attachment is what TIMBECON sell as the sliding table saw attachment for the TSC-10HB table saw...

The photo that is included in the link given is not the same as the one Ive recieved... weather they BOTH do the same size sheets is yet to be proven in actual use

The differences I can see from that pic and what Ive recieved APPEAR to be:

1) tables are different... that appears to be open whereas mine is definantly a solid top
2) the slide rails are in different places... that one has one on the outside of the table while mine are both on the table side

I will upload some pics as I HAVE TIME... sorry I cant do better than that but I will hopefully get to it over the weekend

I trust that there is now enough information from the above posts and this to cover it

Oh and Timbecon have finally stuck a pic up on their site here it is...

http://www.timbecon.com.au/assets/images/products/lmj-2325-a.jpg

Now maybe to some of you blokes that looks a simple thing to put together but when you get a mess of boxes that hold a swag of small plastic bags of screws bolts nuts washers long bolts short bolts angled peices of metal and bloody long steel poles and youve never put one of these things together before... it takes on bloody nightmare demensions when there are NO BLOODY INSTRUCTIONS included :mad:

So sorry I asked the damned question and thankfully have resolved the issue

Oh and that table saw IS NOT the TSC-10HB but it definantly IS the attachment I recieved

Im done... thanks for the help fellas

rodm
3rd September 2005, 03:51 AM
Shane
I am glad you posted as this looks like a new option for the many owners of the TSC - 10HB. Do you know what the capacity of the sliding table is? All I really want to know is if it will cut a 1200mm width sheet. Can you also let me know the cost - near enough will do.

Pete J
3rd September 2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks Shane

That saw is the MJ 2325 I think. I liked the look of that table in the flesh at Timbecon, but they told me that while it might be possible to fit it to the 10HB, it would need a lot of mucking around - drilling and tapping and fixing an additional plate etc. I would be very interested to know if, apart from the initial assembly, you had to do any or many mods to fit it on.

Would a couple of piccies be too much to ask??

Regards

Wild Dingo
3rd September 2005, 01:16 PM
I will upload them from the other computer tonight. And will head out to the sea container and see if I can slide a sheet of ply through and will let you know

Gumby
3rd September 2005, 01:21 PM
One of Sturdee's recent mods was to successfully fit his Triton Extn table to his TSC10HB. Maybe you could pick one up on ebay or second hand and fit that.

Dean
5th September 2005, 12:29 AM
Shane
I am glad you posted as this looks like a new option for the many owners of the TSC - 10HB. Do you know what the capacity of the sliding table is? All I really want to know is if it will cut a 1200mm width sheet. Can you also let me know the cost - near enough will do.

According to the product page it can cut 1200mm...

"The table of the panel attachment is a reasonable 600x500mm in size. The integral fence can either by set-up at the front or the rear of the table, and if it is setup at the rear, can crosscut a 1200mm wide sheet and clear the back of the blade. The fence itself has a built-in mitre gauge so it can be set to +/- 45 degrees. It is made from extruded aluminium and is telescoping. As standard the fence is 1050mm long, but can be extended out to 1400mm."

Bear in mind though that some sheet goods are measured as 8' x 4' which equals a width of 1219mm.

rodm
5th September 2005, 12:46 AM
Dean,
Thanks for the specs. I think Petej is correct that this sliding unit is for a different saw. I was looking at my saw today and the tilt wheel is on the left hand side which would make it awkward to use this unit. I modified a sliding table off the 12 inch contractors saw but I am not happy with it and are looking for alternatives.

Shane,
Looks like you are the pioneer here so keep us informed on how it goes.

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 01:29 AM
Rightio fellas sorry for the delay but the pics are uploading as I type should be able to post them shortly

Firstly this is the table attachment that Timbecon sell as the sliding table attachment for the TSC-10HB here in Perth and having just spent some time flat out with a bung foot Ive had a bit of a gander around their website and from that wee wander I think Ive found why Stewie had to do some modifications so that it would fit the TSC-10HB of mine... its actually for their MJ-2325B table saw!!

Anyway the main modification would be the extruded ali plate that came with it and was initially one of my main sticking probs just didnt seem right you know? Anyway it went on okay and all parts I can get on fit well so anyway

Forgive this since all my tools are stuck in the ctainer out the back of the block till the house gets fixed whenever that is and I manage to score a shed for as little as possible!

Anyway... for those of you that are contemplating getting this thing you will need the instructions!!! I havent set up the scanner for this new computer yet so I cant scan the single page that came in the mail but will do as soon as time allows

For now the following posts will show the shiteload of bits and pieces that came and the tiny one page drawing of the top of the table that came as instructions... the last will show the pics sent by Stewart to "show" me how it went together

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/pe5d8a012d4488c12bb3c91603fdb3db1/f2808a8c.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p0627cade95e2a334ec2303797aca1ee6/f27d9ae2.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p79004428310d37522ae7ec86c92826c8/f27d9992.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p6089b4e070ebfd17e6a653b224bc7614/f27d993b.jpg

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 01:33 AM
to continue...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p24d2cfc2db9f1a8c6ebf34dd979fc749/f27d987a.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p5507002f07c7e00851823c9d24df6904/f27d9813.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p46341bd9bb0a8a95941a4908c2b52422/f27d9335.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/pf6b5962c8d0e61f7c6889362d9735801/f27d9281.jpg

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 01:37 AM
Continueing still...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p0ed961b629eb3f4f89001f9134acd1d9/f27d922b.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p9de941225cbb2bc3a74bf79662ff9b6b/f27d90b9.jpg

Now add to that there were about 6 packs of screws bolts and nuts and sundy gawdknowswhats but that one sheet in the last post was the only "instructions" I received with the thing

To be continued...

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 01:45 AM
To continue...

To help me out when I screamed bloody blue murder down the phone Stewart headed out and took these pics of one set up at the shop in Bentley... so to help anyone else out who also bought one of these things and is fumblebummbleing around trying to sort it here is what I got...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p0af66dfcc137bf825190615993288fc9/f27d9002.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p3fed28e0f895a0b289454a9eb903b8ef/f27d8f34.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p068c2a0d276855795fb4d1e8e953decf/f27d8e8e.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p46a1e6bd8a5afab5c3a2712e88db52b4/f27d8d91.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/p25a8977aeaebb2faaa075231497276f6/f27d8cdd.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid184/pf34f397c7d7621170c754c80cd54bdd6/f27d8beb.jpg

You can quite clearly see that aliminium modification... and one can clearly see how the damned thing may well get in the way of the handle which for utterly typical Timbecon manner they have managed to end up with the damned thing under the middle of the sliding table!! :rolleyes:

As soon as I can find the time tomorrow I will post the single sheet breakdown of the parts that should tie it all together :cool:

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 01:50 AM
Oh and before anyone asks... I have no ruddy idea how one posts those small pics that show up in a footnote at the bottom of a post!! I just click the add pic button stick in the www address and whallah there you have the pic!! :D

rodm
5th September 2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks Shane
This looks very interesting and thanks for taking the time to post the pics. From what I can see Timbecon has fabricated an aluminium bar to adapt the sliding table off the MJ2325 for the TSC10HB. From the photos the TSC10HB table is shorter and the adapter is required to pick up the longer mounting points of the sliding table rails. It looks like they have done it very well.
Shane, I am glad you are sorting out all the teething problems for the rest of us. :D
Keep us informed on how it goes.

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 01:15 PM
oooh I love bein the guinee pig mate :rolleyes:

You are right it is that ali bar that is and was the cause of the extra wait for this thing but what I couldnt get over was the fact that there were ABSOLUTELY no instructions!... I mean a lot of these tools have shall we say rather pathetic manuals that come with them but to sell and send people who purchase an item with many loose bits and bobs without ANY instructions whatever is totally amazing to me!

But yes its done and I have recieved those photos of the setup one in an email which when printed off and taken up to the ctainer will be enough to put it together and Ive also recieved "page 15" of something that shows a break down pic of the thing I think ive now got it

BUT I shouldnt have had to a) get on the ruddy phone to Stewart to ask for something to be sent to me b) email them requesting something... the info to put it all together should have been there

Anyway I think theres a few bods buying it so this hopefully will help them

Note when I set the scanner up I will post that last sheet (page 15)

But Im as far done with constructing it as the ctainer will allow for now Ive had it together once and taken it apart again... Im now considering another ctainer just for the tools... and when the insurance mob finally get around to fixing the house I will end up with both of them build a nice covered area between them... aaaaaaahhhh dreams eh! ;)

numbat
5th September 2005, 03:40 PM
Shane,

How much was the sliding table out of curiosity?

Cheers

Wild Dingo
5th September 2005, 04:20 PM
$350 mate... no special price from what I gathered although it was bought at the woodshow... well paid for at the woodshow :rolleyes:

I think what I like about it so far is that you should be able to walk alongside the peice as you cut it as in the others Ive seen have so much rails and such between the outer edge of the sliding attachment and the saw that you can slide the table and the timber through from the front but this allows you to walk it through since there is nothing to get in your way on the outside... I think??

Damn I need a shed :rolleyes: :(

ah well... cheers! :cool:

Pete J
6th September 2005, 08:57 PM
Dear Wild,

I am most grateful for this thread and your experience.
Is it easily adjustable to square? Have you done any test cuts to check on the new toy?

Regards

numbat
6th September 2005, 10:11 PM
Will it fit the Carbatec version of the saw?

Cheers

Wild Dingo
7th September 2005, 12:07 PM
No worries eh? its a community service/penitance sorta thing :D

mate I dont have a clue if it would fit the Carbatec 10HB saw although I would assume it will given theyre the same saw just different color! The ali extrusion modification simply attaches to the wing conection... ie: you take of the left wing and the ali addition is pre-drilled to fit so the new bolts will fit straight through... didnt find any dramas here at all in that area... and the ali is when fitted square to the table

BUT!... I do have a drama trying to use ANY of my tools... to the question "have you done any test cuts..." the simple and sad answer is... NO

Since this is how my tools are situated and have been since the great washout of May 18... this is a 40ft ctainer... the back 15ft is taken up by my bandsaw, thicknesser, jointer, lathe, dust collection units, cupboards of other tools, boxes of other tools... then the next 15ft is the missus an hoons gear books boxes of gear that was saved from the great washout of May 18... the front 10ft is what Im playing around in and she her highness the loverly possumpoop will be wanting that whenever the damned insurance mob decide to fix the bloody place... at which point shes going to need to put the new fridge freezer washing machine dryer etc etc in that front 10ft

and ala my advertising for a shed elsewhere on the forum

This is the spacial area for my tools (its also unpowered and the little travel jenie I have doesn have the oomph to run any of these things)

I havent seen the bandsaw,thicknesser or jointer since I stuck them way back there after taking them out to check if the water sludge and mud had stuffed them... which luckily it hadnt and hopefully the rain and storms were having just now wont do what the one in May did :mad:

So sadly mate no I havent done any test cuts to check her out :( and why Im screaming for a shed!... but she her highness the loverley possumpoop in her ultimate wisdom can see the future benifits of the tools and collection of timbers Im gathering cannot see her loverly way though to let me have the $ needed to buy one... and she has seen the way the shed companys have gone ballistic and sent the price of sheds skyrocketing so shes put a hold on all spending... so now I sit in me cups drownin me sorrows :(

If the bloody rain would stop and the sun come out for a few days I would head up to the humpy and make a couple of stages out of 1/2in ply and Jarrah and stick the tools in there... not the slightest bit safe nor weather proof and I would have to run a major 150mtre extention lead to maybe run anything but its what Ive been told must happen when that mob decides to fix the house :(

Ahhh well no worries just thought Id give everyone the lowdown on this thing... sorry the sheet I was yarnin about? its in there... somewhere!... actually theyre all in there... somewhere ...in a locktite plastic bag all together... somewhere :rolleyes:

No worries cheers! :cool:

Wild Dingo
7th September 2005, 12:32 PM
Bloody pic wont show!! tried both ways but nothin :(

numbat
7th September 2005, 10:23 PM
Bloody pic wont show!! tried both ways but nothin :(

Its possible that the picture is too large - it needs to be less than 100kb to be able to be posted.

Try here http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=18069 for more info.

Cheers

rodm
11th September 2005, 01:04 AM
I sent an email to Timbecon last week requesting details of the sliding table for TSC10HB that Shane has.

Here is the response.
Yes we have fabricated a bar that fits the TSC-10-HB so as it accepts the MJ-2325-PA (panel attachment). The panel attachment retails at $399 and the fabricated aluminium bar is $300, total cost of $699. The bar is all fully machined so as it bolts straight onto the TSC-10-HB.

I also dropped into their store and had a good look at the sliding table. The rails are solid bar stock and the set up looks to be quite good. The only criticism I have is that the sliding table top is pressed steel and for me I would prefer cast iron. The adapter plate seems expensive but it is quite a large chunk of aluminium bar which is not cheap. There is also a bit of machining to to do so the price being asked is reasonable.

This might be of interest to some of the TSC10-HB owners.

Wild Dingo
14th September 2005, 04:41 PM
$699?? Strewth :eek: I will now count my blessings :cool: At the price of $399 at the show Im stoked!! Take it that Im now well chuffed with meself ;)

The pressed steel plate is however quite thick and solid not the thin ***** they sent as my table wings initially but tis fairly thick and solid so should be right... but as you so and I guess at those prices one should expect cast iron :cool:

Not to worry... now about that ruddy shed... :rolleyes: