PDA

View Full Version : embellishments

turnerted
7th November 2016, 10:55 AM
G'day
Here are a few "cosmic cloud" type embellishments .The vase is about 220 mm high and the bowl about 220 diam.mm .I tried it on earrings and bangles too . In all cases the timber is jacaranda .The finish is White Knight Crystal Clear acrylic except for the base and inner part of the bowl which is DO.
Comments welcome .
Ted

dai sensei
7th November 2016, 11:00 AM
Looks beautiful mate :2tsup:

Christos
7th November 2016, 01:02 PM
I was not too sure on the ear rings not to my taste(because I don't wear ear rings). I love the vase.

artful bodger
7th November 2016, 07:08 PM
What finish is the coloured bits?

smiife
7th November 2016, 07:23 PM
Hi ted, well done mate they look great!:2tsup:

Rod Gilbert
7th November 2016, 07:29 PM
Absolutely stunning finish you must be very pleased with these. The earrings aren't my wearing style either but I am sure there are many who would love them. Great work the more I look at them the more I like them.
Regards Rod.

turnerted
9th November 2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the comments .
Rod and Christos ,you could share a pair of earrings . I am sure you would look lovely with them .
artful bodger , It is called irridescent paint . Google"Cosmic Cloud platter" . There at least four videos showing the technique .
Ted

dai sensei
9th November 2016, 10:04 PM
Watched one of the videos, I was wondering how the patterns were made, my previous attempts were using the dry brushing technique. I must give the air technique a try

powderpost
10th November 2016, 09:23 PM
That is nice stuff Ted. A good way to make something nice from plain wood.. :2tsup:

Jim