PDA

View Full Version : Busy times in Willy!s Workshp

Willy Nelson
7th November 2016, 08:28 PM
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen
Been flat out in the workshop, turning, carving and now in the oiling phase. This is to replace the items recently placed in shops and galleries and also in preparation of a large event this Sunday in Rockingham. There is a huge horse race being held on the beach. As part of the festivities, there is an artisans tent. I have been asked to put some items in it. Of the 32 bowls, platters and free form carved items here, I will select 20 odd.
Most of the timbers are
Turned- Jarrah, Jarrah burl, Marri (the largest platters are approximately 45cm)
Carved- York Gum burl, Red Morrell burl, Concinna burl and Jarrah burl.
Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

Edit: Spelling errors in the title, I hate that!!!!!

Gabriel
7th November 2016, 08:59 PM
Once again willy, a brilliant display of both w.a timbers and craftsmanship. They are certainly lucky to have someone of your talents to show off local arts

turnerted
7th November 2016, 09:40 PM
A good selection there Willy and hopefully plenty of sales . I spy a "cosmic cloud " bowl lurking there too .

Ted

Willy Nelson
8th November 2016, 01:23 AM
A good selection there Willy and hopefully plenty of sales . I spy a "cosmic cloud " bowl lurking there too .

Ted

Well Spotted Ted
I saw these done a while ago and I thought I would be one of the first and ordered my paints, but they took months to arrive. I then had to wait until I could find a suitably bland timber in Timber Store #1, #2 and finally #3, by then I saw one on here.
I call my ones ' Black Matter Platters'
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

dai sensei
8th November 2016, 10:38 AM
Beautiful set there mate :cool:, hope sales go well for you :2tsup:

smiife
8th November 2016, 07:16 PM
Hi willy,
Nice selection there mate , well done
good luck on sunday

Bluegum
8th November 2016, 08:50 PM
Looks good there Willy. Awesome work mate.

Willy Nelson
14th November 2016, 12:07 PM
Update.
Well, the Rockingham Beach horse races were spectacular. I personally hate gambling and horse racing, but the sight was superb, apparently some of the states top horses and riders competed, not sure of the crowds, but got to be between 15-20,000. Sales were good as well. This will become an annual event. I hope to be invited next year
Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland