PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Problem Solved

Babytoolman
1st September 2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Guys,
Just to round out the other two threads on my bandsaw troubles. I took my motor to a guy in Smeaton grange and i had the very best experience in customer service for the longest time.
He took the motor and opened it up and found that the stated 1.5Hp motor was infact just that but it had "Boddgy" wiring. so he fixed the wiring and the motor is working like a charm. $66 bucks and i am exstatic.

I hope it is okay that i mention his company because he was just brilliant. He is Alltrade Power Tools & Equipment, Smeaton Grange, 02 4647 8880. Barry just had it right no Bull**it just straight up.

Some of these other suppliers that i have had trouble with over the last few weeks should take lessons from this guy in customer service and when someone leaves a message and they promise to get back to you they should before they go and stuff their face.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Roger

prokofiev_2000
2nd September 2005, 12:05 AM
Hey Babs,
Watcha gunna do with that capacitor?

prokofiev_2000
2nd September 2005, 12:07 AM
PS. Don't tell Bodgy that he's had wiring named after him!!

Bodgy
2nd September 2005, 03:03 PM
PS. Don't tell Bodgy that he's had wiring named after him!!

Must have been that motor I rewound with help from some mates and a slab of Resch's. Was the chewing gum still in place? Could never get rid of all the sparks and smoke. Does it still bring down the NSW grid?