PDA

View Full Version : First attempt

Dalboy
20th November 2016, 03:57 AM
I know I had a thread with my first attempt the other day and as you know I am just starting out in pyrography. When the great grandson was here today and asked if he could have a go at pyrography so I found something which I thought he could do and got the pattern onto a piece of ply. After a few lines dots and other scribbles to get the feel of the pen this is what he produced for his Mum. He is only 8 but he really enjoyed the time making this.

Treecycle
21st November 2016, 12:50 PM
Certainly not a bad effort for his age. I hope he comes back for more lessons.

Dalboy
22nd November 2016, 01:00 AM
Certainly not a bad effort for his age. I hope he comes back for more lessons.

Thank you Dallas he has said that he wants to do some more so will find some time to sit with him so he can, I would like to encourage him as much as possible.

Spiritwolfe
25th December 2016, 12:16 AM
It's fabulous and so sweet of you to post it. Tell him I said he's turning out to be a mighty fine woodworker.
GREAT JOB!!! :thanx2:
:brava:

Dalboy
25th December 2016, 09:21 AM
It's fabulous and so sweet of you to post it. Tell him I said he's turning out to be a mighty fine woodworker.
GREAT JOB!!! :thanx2:
:brava:

I will tell him boxing day when I see him. He has also made to others since then he really enjoys doing this so I think he will be back to do more

Robson Valley
26th December 2016, 08:30 AM
Wow! Let the kid run with it. Hope he's prepared to sell some.

Many decades ago, I started giving each of my kids a Christmas tree ornament, every year. I still do.
At the local Christmas Craft fair in the village, there was a kid, maybe 10, with a stack of ornaments, just
pyro Christmas trees on thin ply. Believe he had added a coat of poly. Piece of knotted ribbon with a couple
of decorative beads for a tree hanger. Mom was sitting "in the back row."
Anyway, he was doing brisk sales! So I bought a pair for my twin grandsons.

crowie
26th December 2016, 05:15 PM
Derek, Your mastery & craftsmanship is being passed down the generations.... nicely done sir, cheers, Peter