PDA

View Full Version : Turned Tap fittings...

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st September 2005, 09:41 PM
Just finished a minor project that I thought may give other folk a few ideas when looking for new ideas for their bathrooms or kitchens.

I renovated a bathroom for a bloke, apart from the ceiling 'tis fully lined in 12"-ish white tiles and with gold/ivory fittings. I cut square holes in the tiles for the plumbing with a 10" lapidary saw and, sadly, screwed up. When the tap fittings were in place you could just see the holes' corners. :o

My solution? I turned some slightly oversize backing plates out of a bit of "starflake" corian and they looked great! They didn't really go with the ivory though... but IMHO the ivory didn't match the white tiles anyway. So I laminated some corian together and replaced the ivory components too.

He's now one very happy customer, having a truly custom bathroom. :) Better still, having done it once I can easily see myself doing something similar at home...

Harry72
1st September 2005, 10:14 PM
Come on where's the piccys?

Sounds like it was worth doing.

RETIRED
1st September 2005, 10:36 PM
Suits my definition of a tradesman. One who makes a stuff- up look really good. :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st September 2005, 11:31 PM
Piccy's have to wait until the next time I'm on-site and remember to take a camera. They were the last thing on my mind at the time... Sorry!

Hopefully they'll be taken soon... some things are worth a quiet gloat. ;)

Gumby
1st September 2005, 11:33 PM
They were the last thing on my mind at the time... Sorry!

What was the first thing I wonder :confused:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd September 2005, 12:02 AM
A mixture of things. Mainly along the lines of:

"I wanna go home."
"I hope my DC is ready for pickup."
"I oughtta sack the idiot who cut these holes."
"I wanna go home."
"I wonder what else they have to go with the dusty?"
"Hmmm... this is looking good!"
"I wanna go home."
"I'm not going to show this to SWMBO else she'll want 'em at home. But... damn! They do look good!"
"I wanna go home and play with my new toy..."
"Hey [home-owner]<home-owner 's="" name="">! Waddya reckon? Pretty good, eh? Can I go home now?"

It was that time of day. :D</home-owner>

La truciolara
2nd September 2005, 07:45 PM
A mixture of things. Mainly along the lines of:

"I wanna go home."
"I hope my DC is ready for pickup."
"I oughtta sack the idiot who cut these holes."
"I wanna go home."
"I wonder what else they have to go with the dusty?"
"Hmmm... this is looking good!"
"I wanna go home."
"I'm not going to show this to SWMBO else she'll want 'em at home. But... damn! They do look good!"
"I wanna go home and play with my new toy..."

:) Now you are finaly home...
Congratulation for the idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.
:)

Auld Bassoon
2nd September 2005, 08:43 PM
G'Day Skew,

Sounds a great idea. Also, show the difference between a bodger and an artisan: everyone makes mistakes, but the bodger just lets the stay as they are, whilst the artisan makes a blue into a benefit!

Cheers!