PDA

View Full Version : working with one of u

Simon Vincent
2nd September 2005, 12:53 PM
hey folks, I'm looking for advice about finding someone to work with in australia... I have a guitar making class and 1 years of wooden made furnitures... further than that, I can't live without working wood...
any tips or advice are welcome.

Simon

Christopha
16th September 2005, 06:27 PM
Peerhips yoo cood be a inglicsh teecha?

kiwigeo
16th September 2005, 06:33 PM
Peerhips yoo cood be a inglicsh teecha?

Um maybe he speaks French as his first language??

seriph1
16th September 2005, 06:41 PM
Hi Simon and welcome to the forum - if you come to Australia you will rapidly understand that we don't all speak perfect English, nor are we all rude to those who also don't possess a full grasp of the language.

I appreciate how hard it can be to be understood clearly - All I have to do is tell my wife I want more woodworking tools and she gives me a look of total confusion. Of course being a Québécois, French may be your first language and I want you to know your English is vastly better than my French.

I know how you feel when you say you live for woodworking. Being able to follow your passion will be most rewarding.

I don't know anyone who needs someone to help them right now, but I do know some people who are setting up a furniture making business in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Let me know if I can help.

have fun!

MathewA
16th September 2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Simon and welcome to the forum - if you come to Australia you will rapidly understand that we don't all speak perfect English, nor are we all rude to those who also don't possess a full grasp of the language.

I appreciate how hard it can be to be understood clearly - All I have to do is tell my wife I want more woodworking tools and she gives me a look of total confusion. Of course being a Québécois, French may be your first language and I want you to know your English is vastly better than my French.

I know how you feel when you say you live for woodworking. Being able to follow your passion will be most rewarding.

I don't know anyone who needs someone to help them right now, but I do know some people who are setting up a furniture making business in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Let me know if I can help.

have fun!

I would suspect that he would have a very hard time. I speak english and I still can't under stand half of what's said to me, and I doubt I'm under stood all that well either. I see some pretty blank looks on the faces of those I've tried to talk to on the job site. Anyone know where I can get a good aussie to english dictionary?;)

ozwinner
16th September 2005, 08:16 PM
Try here Matt (http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html)

Al :D

RufflyRustic
19th September 2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Simon, welcome to the place where other people who can't live without working in wood gather together. Enjoy!

Cheers
RufflyRustic