PDA

View Full Version : Small vase

Dalboy
30th November 2016, 06:38 AM
First piece for nearly a month as I have been laid up with a bad back. Anyway during that time I reached the ripe old age of 60 and for a present from my family they treated me to a Peter Child Pyrography machine. So now that I am able to get back into the shed I thought I would make a vase with a poppy which I wanted to do at the beginning of the month.

Made from Ash and stands 4 1/2" tall by 2 1/2" diameter.

Allen Neighbors
30th November 2016, 10:18 AM
That is absolutely gorgeous! (We males can use that word in the upover.)
Some friends gave me a Nibsburner a year or so ago, and I have yet to be able to use it as well as you've done this! Really nice work.
Hope your back continues to improve, Dalboy.

lithro
30th November 2016, 11:58 AM
Just something i have been pondering, but what is the best way of waterproofing a vase? Epoxy?
Thanks
Lithro

turnerted
30th November 2016, 03:26 PM
Looks great.
Ted

Dalboy
1st December 2016, 05:55 AM
Thank you all.

That is absolutely gorgeous! (We males can use that word in the upover.)
Some friends gave me a Nibsburner a year or so ago, and I have yet to be able to use it as well as you've done this! Really nice work.
Hope your back continues to improve, Dalboy.

Just do as I did get a simple pattern and have a play to get use to it> I had some thin ply laying around and just tried on that.

Just something i have been pondering, but what is the best way of waterproofing a vase? Epoxy?
Thanks
Lithro

I call it a vase but in fact it is not intended to hold water. Many that I know say they use Rustins Plastic Coating. Also another product some say is Treatex. Maybe you will need to source these your side of the world or even see if your suppliers have something that would be suitable for the job try the sponsers/owners of this forum and send them an e mail.

lithro
2nd December 2016, 09:18 AM
Thanks, didnt even notice your location. I shall have a hunt around then
Lithro

Keith_1
9th December 2016, 08:52 AM
Love them Derek

Regards

Keith