Denis-Peter
5th December 2016, 05:17 PM
I have a Carba-tec MC900 wood lathe,
and wondering if anyone knows the true belt size,
as I got this item with a frozen seized VS Pulley on the motor,
which I have freed, but I dont think it was the original belt,
I was told, in may be a A22 then someone else said it could be a M23,
so I would like to know which it is,
as Carba-tec here in Australia are as usefull as tits on a bull when asked questions:
seems selling is the game, no support:
as
I am still waiting after 5-week-days:
and nothing arrived today: 5-12-2016

though they could have shut down over the Christmas break,

Regards Me.

hughie
5th December 2016, 10:29 PM
ok If your stuck try Hare and forbes as this a generic that anybody can badge. H&F sell them W382 | WL-18 Swivel Head Wood Lathe | For Sale Sydney Brisbane Melbourne Perth | Buy Workshop Equipment & Machinery online at machineryhouse.com.au (http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W382)

Pirate323i
6th December 2016, 06:24 AM
though they could have shut down over the Christmas break,

Regards Me.

Nope, they are definitely still open, however they did have a sale on last week, so may be a bit under the pump. (Not trying to make excuses!)
Best of luck!

Denis-Peter
6th December 2016, 07:05 AM
Problem is they all seem to have their own part numbers, and it’s usually cheap Chinese Crap, that are the problem in the first place: Having 2 sizes to go I would prefer to know which one is the correct size: That way I can buy a high quality Blue label V-belt at half the price: from Kingaroy Bearings, Also I was horrified when I was told the Cir-Clip that they call MC900M26 was $1. And postage was the usual $9.00 Considering, so if I was purchasing without the belt, it would be $10.00, now I have just purchased a box of quality 280 mixed cir-clips, containing 15(c16) for a high price of $19.95, that works out to be 7-cents each, now considering they would have a better purchasing power than little old me, what a fantastic profit: And only-God knows what these robbing pricks are making on the belts: as a blue label M30 a larger belt than the one I am now chasing cost me only $10.10, with the criminal GST, I was quoted from the machinery mob, $27, plus postage for a belt for my Metal lathe, plus postage: and you can guarantee it was not Blue label, or anything close to Blue label. Maybe what we should be doing on these forums, is correlating sizes of replaceable parts, on common machines, so great savings can be had on quality replacements: Once I find the correct size, I will post it. I believe one of the main reason we are being ripped off, people have become lazy and dont shop around, which only feeds the beast:

Denis-Peter
6th December 2016, 07:12 AM
Exactly what makes a moderator? what puts them above the people when posting questions and replies? I find it insulting that my questions or replies have to be moderated by someone who is under the delusion they have authority over me! Best of luck with your forum, Moderator: I am out of here:

Bedford
6th December 2016, 07:42 AM
Exactly what makes a moderator? what puts them above the people when posting questions and replies? I find it insulting that my questions or replies have to be moderated by someone who is under the delusion they have authority over me! Best of luck with your forum, Moderator: I am out of here:

Which bit of this don't you understand?

For those wanting to ask a question in our metalwork forums (http://metalworkforums.com/f65/t198793-question-metalwork-forums#post1914512)

What's happening is that the system Moderates the first few posts of a new member as part of the anti spam measures,unfortunately it catches the good guys too as it can't differentiate.

The Volunteer Moderators and Admins check regularly to approve the good guys and dispatch the spammers