PDA

View Full Version : Waterslide Decal Application

Les in Red Deer
6th December 2016, 02:23 AM
This is how I apply and finish Waterslide Decals.

Les

Nanigai
9th December 2016, 04:33 PM
This is very much appreciated Les. Just what I have been looking for for a commission.
Thanks a bunch.:2tsup:

Hope you have a great Christmas, we are sweltering in high 30 degree temps at the moment, I would rather be there playing in the snow with my grandchildren.
Cheers, Ian

KBs PensNmore
8th February 2017, 06:45 PM
Several questions if I may. Do we have Testors Clear Decal Paper, Minwax WBOM Clear Gloss Polyurethane and Krylon Crystal Clear coating here in Australia?
If not, what do others use, please? Does it matter if an inkjet printer is used or does it have to be laser printed?
Thanks in advance.
Kryn

Nanigai
10th February 2017, 09:46 AM
Several questions if I may. Do we have Testors Clear Decal Paper, Minwax WBOM Clear Gloss Polyurethane and Krylon Crystal Clear coating here in Australia?
If not, what do others use, please? Does it matter if an inkjet printer is used or does it have to be laser printed?
Thanks in advance.
Kryn

Hi Kryn, I bought clear waterslide decal paper online and it works fine. I got mine from WWW.RenascentBathBody.com.au and it was quite cheap. The main thing is that there are two products, one for inkjet and one for laser printers. The main difference is that laser is fixed and inkjet is not. If you use inkjet and I do, you have to spray the printed image with clear lacquer before you cut it out and apply it to the pen. Then you can finish with whatever finish you use. I use 10 coats of thin CA and NCF accelerator to speed up the process. NCF is a bit more expensive than other products but I get excellent results using it.
Minwax products are available at the big green shed. Krylon I have no idea. I intend to try Les's dipping method soon but orders I had for Xmas had to be filled so no time to change the procedure.
Good luck with these.
Cheers, Ian

KBs PensNmore
10th February 2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks for that Ian, :2tsup:. I've a computer repair friend who wants some pens made with his logo on them, so will give it a try.
Kryn