PDA

View Full Version : Small job required

Gabriel
14th December 2016, 06:38 AM
Hey folks....

This one is way above my pay grade at the moment so would live to find someone to help out if possible.

I've been asked to reproduce these handles for an old dressing table that was shipped over from England when these Lively folks immigrated here 40 years ago. I believe that 3 are required, and if someone is interested I'd be happy to pass on the contact detail so you can talk Turkey with these guys.

I think they know the timber, but I can't remember...

They're in Noosa so a local would be great big given the size of the handles, postage would not be an issue.

An existing knob can be provided for replication but it's the trading that has me stuffed.

Thanks all
Gab

chuck1
21st December 2016, 08:43 AM
Ahh the old thread knob! I have done my fair share of them. Are they 11 treads per inch? Thread chasing by hand!
Won't be cheap. But it can be done.
See if someone closer throws a hand up?!
I'm in nsw.

chuck1
21st December 2016, 08:47 AM
Just looked at other photo might be 8 tpi. Answering my own stupid questions! Did you have the Timber type?

Gabriel
21st December 2016, 09:23 AM
Apparently they opted just to glue on the old knob. I mentioned that I was struggling with a solution so they're happy (for now)

If they decide to go back to the threaded design, I'll get hold of you Chuck.....Thanks a heap !!

dai sensei
21st December 2016, 10:45 AM
If the old knobs were fine, they could have glued in a dowel, then use screw from the inside