PDA

View Full Version : camphor laurel

hughie
23rd December 2016, 03:10 PM
Heres one that nearly didnt make it. It had/has some black fungus on the sap wood, thanks to all the humidity of late. After many attempts and different mixtures it looks passable. The darker image had the black fungus like a nasty grease smear.

Picko
23rd December 2016, 04:21 PM
Nice bit of Camphor and well detailed as usual.

powderpost
23rd December 2016, 09:24 PM
Looks like you are getting the hang of this Hughie??? :2tsup: Nice job.................. as usual

Jim

Christos
23rd December 2016, 10:46 PM
I see the end results and this looks amazing.

I guess you didn't take any shots of the evolution of the piece to indicate the grease spot(fungus)?

hughie
24th December 2016, 07:42 AM
I see the end results and this looks amazing.

I guess you didn't take any shots of the evolution of the piece to indicate the grease spot(fungus)?

I have several shots of a WIP not sure if it shows the fungus.

chambezio
24th December 2016, 08:24 AM
Hughie, I was you would STOP posting these pictures of your bowls. You are showing up the rest of us!! .......actually everyone of them that you have put up makes me salivate and makes me want to get out to the shed and give it a go. Your expertise is self evident. Come the New Year I think I will have to have a go at one. [I will do it in secret so if it fails I don't have to tell anyone
:D
Merry Christmas

hughie
24th December 2016, 12:06 PM
Hughie, I was you would STOP posting these pictures of your bowls. You are showing up the rest of us!! .......actually everyone of them that you have put up makes me salivate and makes me want to get out to the shed and give it a go. Your expertise is self evident. Come the New Year I think I will have to have a go at one. [I will do it in secret so if it fails I don't have to tell anyone
:D
Merry Christmas

Lol

Here these might help

chambezio
24th December 2016, 12:20 PM
Oh Hughie, You are killing me.......Even more ammunition for me to have a go at making one