PDA

View Full Version : Waxing in heat

littleriver
27th December 2016, 02:17 PM
Hello..
(Have also posted this in the general woodwork forum. Pls let me know if that's not a done thing...thanks)

I'm ready to wax a table I've done some pyrography on. I'm using Mastertouch carnauba wax. It's a very hot day (abt 35C in the room where I'll be waxing and where the wax has been stored). Is that ok? When I opened the wax it was soft, with a little pool of melted wax in the centre.
Is it ok to wax in heat? And can I use heat-softened wax?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Treecycle
29th December 2016, 08:25 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. Just give it a stir so that the liquid part mixes in with the solids and you should be good to go (that's if you haven't already done it seeing as this was 2 days ago)

littleriver
29th December 2016, 08:29 PM
Thanks v much, Treecycle :-)

Ubernoob
29th December 2016, 09:58 PM
Yeah I second that, the following polish usually makes a bit of heat so it melts a touch anyway.

I seem to use a bit more on warmer days than cooler ones, I was using bee/carwhatever wax so it was quite soft in a similar temp a few days back.

littleriver
29th December 2016, 10:00 PM
Yeah I second that, the following polish usually makes a bit of heat so it melts a touch anyway.

I seem to use a bit more on warmer days than cooler ones, I was using bee/carwhatever wax so it was quite soft in a similar temp a few days back.

Thnx v much. I was surprised how much wax it took....maybe that's why.